Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Vantiki wants some Crystal Skulls!

Pages: 1 11 replies

V

Aloha folks -

My first post in the Drinks and Food forum! So many strange and new names! What brings me here, you ask? Welp - none other than Crystal Head Vodka!

Yep. That is one spiffy bottle! I saw this bizarre add yesterday:

http://www.crystalheadvodka.com/

and it appears to be legitimate:

http://bub.blicio.us/dan-aykroyd-raises-a-skull-to-crystal-head-vodka/

SO - here is my dilemma. I MUST have one, nay, TWO of these amazing bottles - but I do not drink vodka! So, I am offering up a bit of a trade:

Yessir - one empty Crystal Head Vodka bottle for TWO of my spooky skull tiles! You read right! 50$ in hand-pressed tiles for an EMPTY bottle - you can keep the vodka! Drink it down straight away before putting the glass in a box and sending it my way (be sure to address the box first), or pour the spirits into another bottle for later use. All I want is the skull!

The Nitty Gritty:
I'm up for two trades, and I'll set them up on a first-come, first serve basis. I dunno when the vodka will be released, so we will hold off on the exchange of goods until the vodka is available (I imagine the folks on this forum have a good relationship with their local liqueur dealer and can find out release and availability info much better than I can). Lastly, I'm responsible for the tile shipping costs (USPS Priority Mail fully insured with delivery confirmation) and would like you to respond in kind with the skull bottle shipping.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

P

I was at Beverage Warehouse in Mar Vista (SoCal) yesterday and saw this for sale there. I don't remember the price. It looked cool, but I wasn't looking for vodka. Maybe I should go back and pick up a couple.

Crystal Head Vodka (750 ML)
Regular Price: $49.99 ClubBev: $44.99

Such a deal........ I like the bottle, and Dan Ackroyd, but that's a lot of dough for a skull bottle full o'likker.

Best
Mark

On 2008-10-04 14:25, Sparkle Mark wrote:
Crystal Head Vodka (750 ML)
Regular Price: $49.99 ClubBev: $44.99

Such a deal........ I like the bottle, and Dan Ackroyd, but that's a lot of dough for a skull bottle full o'likker.

Best
Mark

True, but for fifty beans, are we ultimately buying the likker or the bottle?

V

On 2008-10-05 09:39, Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
True, but for fifty beans, are we ultimately buying the likker or the bottle?

Well with this trade you get the Vodka AND two spooky skull tiles! For me, it is all about that bottle - I have no need of the liquor (hence the trade).

Henrik

Cool bottle Henrik, but I'm afraid you'll get no help from me; I haven't drank that much vodka in my entire life! You should be able to get a taker, the retail value of the tiles is more than the cost of the bottle = FREE VODKA! You may need to "bump" the thread every so often to keep it near the top but threads don't move all that fast in this forum. Good luck!

EDIT - PS, welcome to the Food & Drink Forum, you'll find some cool stuff here (like Chili Syrup)

There are those few who learn from observation. The rest of us need to piss on the electric fence and find out for ourselves.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-10-05 18:32 ]

V

Allow me to bring back this tread from the dead!

First off - I've acquired TWO amazing Crystal Head Vodka bottles. All concerns over the price/quality of the vodka aside, the bottle is amazing. Which brings me to the reason for resurrecting this thread - they have been giving out solid glass 3oz skull shot glasses at tasting parties! Argh! It seems that the distributors get the shot glasses, and they in turn pass them on to bars/clubs, who then give them to folks buying vodka. Must have. They are made by the same folks who do the big skull, and they are just as beautiful. Anyone who stumbles across a set of these, I'd happily trade you some tiles for them! Folks are selling them on ebay, and they seem to be going for around $55 a pair. Here is a link to some lucky fellow who put shots of his glasses up on flicker:

http://flickr.com/photos/26261078@N00/3309894985

Not a great shot - but google image search will bring up many other better ones.

Henrik "VanTiki"

S

I'm not a vodka drinker myself, buts it's actually quite good.my favourite bar Baranows, has a few bottles and i'll get one for myself eventually, but it's not cheap here.$180aus.Anyway i digress.Here's a bottle from said bar pinstriped by Doug Dorr.

T

Dammit, Doug beat to the punch!!! At least no one's made a chandelier yet.....opps...was that my out loud voice??? That's some darn fine stripe work too.

V

OMG! I just spotted a nearly LIFE SIZE crystal head vodka bottle at a spirit shoppe in Honolulu! The new larger-size skull is fantastic. Unfortunately, it was also 125$. Ug. Anybody else seen one of the new big bottles? If so - how are they priced on the mainland? Hope to get my hands on one someday!

C

Saw one last week - it was in the $90s here in WI.

C

I picked up the smaller bottle at Hi Time (along with two small skull glasses) for around $40. They have the larger bottle to and I think it is around $85, but I am not sure.

While waiting in line to pay I had several people ask if I had tried this Vodka before, they all related it had become their favorite. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to try it yet. (I have two bottles of Titos to finish first)

Pages: 1 11 replies