Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Give the Grogalizer a makeover!

Pages: 1 3 replies

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Oct 5, 2008 7:43 AM

I am a programmer, like, for a living and all. I dabble in graphic design, but am far from an expert. I know nothing of css or any of that. And it shows when you use the Grogalizer.

I would really like for that site to look better. To that end, I am wondering if some of you might also be logging in and cringing and wishing you could make the site look better. Well, why not?

All the site is in php, and obviously, it is largely tables. Wanna make new button images? Whatever you want and can do, I am up for. A new logo would be great. I just scanned the book and tried to make it look like something.

So, if you would like to make the Grogalizer look as good as it works, please let me know and I'll be glad to let you have at it. I can create a playground space where you can play and not effect the site.

I am also getting ready to add a phpBB forum to the Grogalizer for more lengthy talking about the drinks. Can we make a wap version to work better on your phone? So, if you have ideas for making the site better, please let me know while we are at this.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2008-10-05 07:56 ]

S

I love the Grogalizer but it's kinda hard to read.
So I have two simple suggestions: smaller font size and no background image behind the texts would make the site much better.
An option to view all the recipes even if I don't have some ingredients not in my bar would be very welcome.
Just to see if I have been missing out on a great drink.

H

I wouldn't mind doing the playground space thing to give you some fresh looks...as long as you're not in a big hurry.

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Oct 8, 2008 6:19 AM

Already good ideas! Being able to see all the comments, etc, would be a good thing.

Some thing I am considering:

Making the comments into a blog/RSS feed
Making a page for every drink
Making a phpBB forum with a thread for every drink for extended comments, pictures, links, etc.

Howland, I'll see about setting you up with an ftp account so you can play around with the design...

Pages: 1 3 replies