Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Crawl 8: TRIPLE Mug Release Party!! Don't miss it!

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

Aloha!

In a feat never before attempted by man, we are proud to present another first at the Tiki Crawl this year:

The Tiki Central SF Tiki Crawl 8 in association with Forbidden Island and Conga Lounge are proud to present The World’s First Triple Mug Release Party!

On Saturday, October 11th, we will be celebrating the crawl with the release of three very special tiki mugs:

1. The Official Tiki Central Tiki Crawl 8 Mug!

Wait until you set your eyes on this beauty! An all-new design, sculpted by the Godfather of the San Jose Style himself, NOTCH! A beautiful classic moai design, glazed in the ever-popular traditional smooth black matte finish, this is surely one of the finest moai mugs in years! This is an OFFICIAL Tiki Central Mug- only the third mug ever authorized by Hanford Lemoore for Tiki Central, and priced at just $40. Previous TC mugs (Shecky & Ohana Hut) became instant collectibles- don’t miss your chance to grab a slice of history. Manufactured by Tiki Farm, this is a very limited edition of less than 100 and will go on sale Saturday, October 11th at 4:00PM at Forbidden Island. First come, first serve in an un-numbered limited edition.

2. The New Forbidden Island 2.0 Tiki Mug Limited “Diablo Edition”.

This is a very special treat- Danny (aka Tiki Diablo) our tiki designer, has taken his new mug to the next level with a stunning hand wash and hand-painted treatment. That’s right- the artist himself has painstakingly painted each mug by hand with a classic color scheme reminiscent of the old Hawaiian Room Tiki Mug. An already great mug is rendered all the more stunning. This is the first time we’ve ever done anything like this at Forbidden Island, and I’m amazed at the result. A wonderful addition to your collection, each one is signed and numbered by the artist with a hang tag (limited to less than 50) and priced at $50. On sale at Forbidden Island at 4:00PM on Saturday the 11th as well. Regular mug line-up rules are in effect, and numbered tags will be handed out just before the doors open at 4:00PM.

3. The First Ever Official Conga Lounge Tiki Mug

Our next stop on Saturday night will also see the arrival of the long-awaited Conga Lounge Tiki Mug, and a beauty it is! Designed by Chongolio, sculpted by Squid, and manufactured by Tiki Farm, this two-tone mug depicts a stylized moai on the side of a conga drum, and has all the hallmarks of an instant classic! Plus for this one night only starting at 6:30pm, it’s specially priced at just $15- and that INCLUDES a cocktail, folks! That’s right: The Conga Lounge’s new signature drink, The Stumbling Islander, featuring a tasty blend of rums, pineapple, cranberry, fresh lime and bitters will be right inside ready to drink! Beautiful AND refreshing: now THAT’S a good tiki mug!!!

It's gonna be a great day!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-10-06 16:23 ]

LT

On 2008-10-06 16:22, martiki wrote:

That's a beautiful mug - I live too far from FI. :(

T

Wow those look great. Is there a chance for those not crawling to purchase the mugs?

TG

god damnit.....I would take out a loan so I can buy all these (not to mention all the DRINKS I'll be purchasing that night), but sadly I don't think the banks are giving out anymore money.....:(

C

SO COOL!!!!
Can't wait to pick these up this weekend :) :)

2. The New Forbidden Island 2.0 Tiki Mug Limited “Diablo Edition”.

On sale at Forbidden Island at 4:00PM on Saturday the 11th as well. Regular mug line-up rules are in effect, and numbered tags will be handed out just before the doors open at 4:00PM.

So I'm gussing, the mug line will be full by the time the bus arrives.

The Tiki Crawl 8 mug will only be available at the crawl on Saturday. Sorry.

On 2008-10-07 08:27, tikilands wrote:
Wow those look great. Is there a chance for those not crawling to purchase the mugs?

M

On 2008-10-07 12:21, Unga Bunga wrote:

So I'm gussing, the mug line will be full by the time the bus arrives.

Stay optimistic! I think there's a good chance that bus people will have a fair shot at it.

-martin

Where's the line start for the Conga Lounge mug?! That's a beaut!!

C

I got a sneak peek at the Conga Hut Lounge mug at the FIPLS when I was out in CA last month. It really came out nice and Squid did another whup ass job taking my very rough sketche of Mike and Mano's design idea and bring them to 3D life. All the mugs look great and are sure to be treasured relics and least a way to remember part of the weekend.

Have fun all, I am with you in spirits of the rum variety.

This has been a really hard really hard year, we work every other weekend and every event falls on ours to work. We even missed all but Brenda's event right here in Sacramento. These mugs are terrific and we heard the garage sale was the best yet. We are so sad. I hope next year will be our year to make it to everything.

S

looks like I missed an awesome night
any leftover mugs to buy?
yeah, right... hahahaha
Pea

i just want to say how much i dig these mugs. the f.i. 2.0 hand painted mug is great. it really has that tiki diablo style and danny did a beautiful job with the wash and paint. the tiki crawl moai is just as good! great sculpt and glaze. props to braddahs notch and holden. and the conga lounge mug is another winner. simple, dignified and with substantial heft. way to go chongo! mahalo to mark, bill and paul for the gift.

Pages: 1 12 replies