Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Bob Chinns Luaus

Pages: 1 1 replies

K

Aloha all!
Huge luaus happening this summer in the Chicago area. They are both hosted by Bob Chinn's Crabhouse (4th largest independent restaurant in the country).

Some details:
Outdoor event (under tents)
Full buffet
Definitely will sell out at 1200
Tons of entertainment including: the featured "Fires of Polynesia" production, the AOL's #1 ranked Elvis impersonator in the country, Hawaiian fashion show, Hula dancers, and too much to list
Tons of atmosphere including: 15' tikis, 13' Maois, palm trees, outriggers, exotic birds, and much more.
Tons of staging: 40 x 28 main stage, cat walk, stunning set, lights, sound, etc...

The dates for the events are June 28 in Des Plaines, IL and August 23 in Medinah, IL. $55.00 tickets... on sale mid April... to purchase tickets by phone or request event flyer (flyers will be ready early April), call The Barefoot Hawaiian at 847 699 7336
or visit their Hawaiian shop at 1401 east Oakton Street, Des Plaines, IL, 60018

Thanks and Aloha! If you do end up coming, I would love to meet you all. Check out my work at http://www.kalanis-tikis.com . Write me at my email address with further questions.

Mahalo
Kalaniokeahi

C

Hey there Kalani -

There aren't too many Chicago-area Tiki Events, so I am bummed that the first one listed is the same weekend as Hukilau (June 28th). I'm a Southern Wisconsin tiki-phile and am always looking to enjoy more Tiki events in the area. Since I already have my tickets booked for Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale, I guess I'll have to wait for the August event.

Speaking of August Tiki Events in Chicago - does anyone know what's up with the major Chicago Tiki event mentioned in the 1/7/03 posting that is supposed to be sometime in August?? Can't wait to here more on that one! :)

Pages: 1 1 replies