Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Carmine Verandah's alter ego Weird Colorado blog

Pages: 1 4 replies

Si, si! La Verandah's alter ego has labored mightily and produced a blog with, as yet, two posts, to promote a book about many things strange, quirky and colorful in the Mile High State: http://weirdcoloradan.blogspot.com/

The blog has a serious post regarding a missing relative, a matter that La Verandah devoutly hopes will be extensively publicized. But the blog itself is a promotional effort for "Weird Colorado."

"Weird Colorado" will soon join the disreputable, er, distinguished series published by Barnes & Noble called "Weird U.S." (See the web sites of Messrs. Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com to see other editions in the series.)

You are welcome to link to the blog and, we hope, vice versa. La Verandah vows to hold an elegant whip over the head of her alter ego to produce a steady stream of entertaining posts. But neither of us is tech savvy and the book has yet to be finished, so patience is advised!

Gracias, y'all!

Carmine

Good luck in finding Jim McPhee. That is a major mystery and a huge bummer.

Regarding my missing kin, Jim turned up last night at a stranger's house in town, disoriented and asking for help. The police knew who he was and took him to the hospital. He's had a CAT scan and the guess is that he suffered from some kind of short-term brain fugue, due to depression. He's OK, but has no memory of the missing 16 days.

His family is very, very relieved, as I am sure you can imagine. Thanks to all who expressed good wishes.

Similar thing happened to me, but it was only 3 days and when they got me to the hospital they had to pry two almost empty rum bottles from my hands (W&N White Overproof and AE 12 Yr Extra). 8)

When someone goes missing for so long it usually does not end on a positive note. JMcP was one of the lucky ones. Glad to hear it.

H
Heath posted on Thu, Oct 23, 2008 7:09 AM

I'm glad he was found,I just hope there are no lasting effects from whatever caused his disappearance.

Pages: 1 4 replies