Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dave & Deke's Hillbilly Fest 3 this Saturday Oct 18th at the New Safari Sam's location

Pages: 1 8 replies

PLEASE NOTICE THE NEW ADDRESS OF SAFARI SAM'S BELOW!

Tell your friends, load up the truck and head downtown to see the incredible spectacle that is HILLBILLYFEST--including free deep fried Twinkies to the first 50 paid customers, Pickled egg eating contest, Miss Hillbilly Dumplin' Contest, Bobbin' for Dentures in Creamed Corn, the Dave & Deke Combo, and now even featuring live dancing chickens!

OCT 18th DOORS AT 7, SHOW STARTS AT 8 PM!

SAFARI SAM'S NEW LOCATION
THE REGENT THEATER--L.A.
448 S. Main St.
Los Angeles, CA 90013

For more info: http://regentla.com/info.html

BRING THE PASTURE DOWNTOWN! SEE YA SATURDAY!!

NEWSFLASH! HILLBILLYFEST 3 IS STILL HAPPENING, BUT NOW AT A NEW LOCATION! Some of you may have heard that Safari Sam's got shut down last weekend in a dispute with the landlord. Many were predicting that Hillbillyfest would not go on, but NO! THE SHOW WILL GO ON!

Sam has just worked out a deal with the REGENT THEATER in downtown Los Angeles to begin its life as the NEW Safari Sam's location this weekend--HILLBILLYFEST IS STILL HAPPENING!

Valley residents and fearful people, don't fret--Safari Sam's new location is actually in the safest, nicest, well-lit and upscale part of downtown there is!! There are 800 SAFE SECURE parking spaces conveniently located across the street at a charge of $5.00. That's why we have reduced the price of admission to Hillbillyfest to $15.00!

Here's photo's of last years event

Bobbing for dentures in creamed corn

The prizes

Sage playing the juice harp

The Dave And Deke Combo

Here comes good ol Deke

Chewing tabaco contest

Pickled Eggs contest

The crowd having a hoot of good time (can you find Atomikitty or tiki-a-fair in this picture?)

Lem & lum the hillbilly staff

The bucket of creamed corn

The double decker outhouse

Pappy Stuckey

Hillbilly DJ Jeff W

So see it's a blast, I know you want to come!

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-15 09:29 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-15 11:26 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-15 15:43 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-16 06:31 ]

I just added the pictures above for you to get an idea of just how much fun hillbilly fest is.

so if you would like to go post it here, we will be glad to have you there.

A couple more for your enjoyment

Toliet sign

Here come the boys

He plays with this on the entire time

The stage set up

I'm missin' the tiki theme here....Can you help me out? :wink:

I put it under california events. Not under tiki. Besides last year alot of the TC members came to this event and some contacted me this year about it and I promised to post the info for them.

On 2008-10-15 12:30, tiki-a-fair wrote:
I put it under california events. Not under tiki. Besides last year alot of the TC members came to this event and some contacted me this year about it and I promised to post the info for them.

Maybe post here??? http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=11&11116

Thank you Woohoowahine. I am pretty much new to this posting of TC thing, so I appreciate the help. I had no idea there was a music section. So I posted there as well. It's a entirely new learing experience for me. thanks much.

On 2008-10-15 12:26, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'm missin' the tiki theme here....Can you help me out? :wink:

You can't see the Tiki Mask on the stage curtain? :wink:

Looks like fun!
Too bad I can't go...

Thanks so much to Congawa and Atomikitty for coming out last Saturday night. I was so happy to see you there. It was a grand time.

Pages: 1 8 replies