Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

photos of my bar.(just added "dark bar"3/17)

Pages: 1 23 replies

just thought it was time to try posting some photos of my bar area. try http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mrbuells1

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-03-16 18:18 ]

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-03-18 00:30 ]

take note of the blue float. thats one i made. i assume no responsibility for the rope!, i didn't make that part.got one you want set up for light?.

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-03-16 18:18 ]

Nice bar, twowheelin...love the Kiegs shelf especially. A man has to have a lair. Like the crab display, too...looks like Christina Aguilera's-...well, nevermind. :)

That float looks great! How did you say you did that again? Are you gonna make it to the OC Crawl, Twowheelin? We haven't seen you around in a while.

K

Hey twowheelin the bar looks good. I am glad the shelf is in good company with the tiki bob's mug.

G

great pix TWT! is da rattan bar a vintage wun o' you jus wen buy em in a import store?

I like da last pic of you suckem up. mwke me wanna make one drink fo my self.

aloha

its a slow moving project. just a little here and a little there.....soon a bigger expansion into the living room. the "altar" is just outside the kitchen doorway, kind of a warning as to whats inside.alot of my buds are a bit freaked about what happened to me with this tiki thing, but after a scorpion...it all comes into focus!.

G

great pix TWT! is da rattan bar a vintage wun o' you jus wen buy em in a import store?

I like da last pic of you suckem up. mwke me wanna make one drink fo my self.

aloha

yo gecko, the bar is a bit of a mystery. it was not from a normal store, but from an antique/hawaiian shop. its teak and bamboo and stores alot of hooch!.i tink wit help, we can cure dez pineapple ebonics ob yours brudda!(gecko, its gotta be hard to type like that)

G

"dez pineapple ebonics" wats dis? you givin pigon da stink eye? you talkin funny o wat?

"pigon"! dats how we talk and sometimes write on da islands! wen you raised li'dat you neva know how fo talk proppa wen talking with your FRIENDS. Dis island style baby. Wen i type proppa peopo ask "what happen Gecko? are you feeling ok" it's easy typing li'dis fo me cuz i know how fo spell wat i like say already. If you mainland boy you gon have problems ya.

I speak and write propper english when i have to brother but, since i'm not in a job interview, eh howzit cuz, lets go fo suckem up!

L

Gecko, I work in a bar and one night I walked past some regulars who weren't sitting in my section (area of the bar I was waiting on) I said "Hey what's with the stink-eye?" They almost fell down laughing and explained that it is a Hawaiian term and haven't heard anyone on the mainland say it before. Where did the term "stink-eye" come from? I heard it long ago on Seinfield.

G

alohaz sista Laney, dats great you sed that. They must have been local boys you sed that to or peopo who lived here and triped out hearin you say it! Looks like Seinfield get some pigin in him to ya!

that word been around long befor me so I don't know how it wen started. But, I'm glad you used da word! It's just another part of this culture you guys love.

Shoots Laney
ps
I got a really nice vintage pair of monkey pod lamps this weekend that are beautiful in grain. They have birds of paradise carved into them. I'll post da pics after I touch em up.

E

twowheelin', that is an AWESOME bar. You must not live in an earthquake zone like me...everything in my place has to stay looooowwwww.

:)
aloha,
em.

T

twowheelin, love the bar and seeing I think a computer screen makes me realize that I can now convert my office space into a tiki bar also. this way I now have two tiki bars. one in the front of my house and one in the back. the flow for parties would be great and I would have a scenic work area.

C

Great bar and office area!
I really like pic #4, the red glowing lamp/head wearing the baseball hat.
Where did you find it?

Alright, Gecko. Now you've got to learn southern proper "Daaaavid, would yew please fetch yo aunt Willie a glass of wawta and a little slivah of that wuuundahful pecan pie yo mothah made?" http://www.msu.edu/~colem104/paper1.htm http://www.extreme-hawaii.com/vocab/

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-17 17:48 ]

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-17 17:50 ]

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:31 ]

emspace,
Had to notice the cool signature. Is there a translation?
Congrats on the bar TwoWheelin.

the lamp was a score on ebay but they sell them in many "hip" shops(read artsy). there is a place in silverlake ca. called wacko or some such thing thats got em.there is an online tiki place that sells them also.email me if no luck. someone wrote that i must live far from earthquakes....so cal???. i will secure all my mugs with fishing wire soon.the wife mentioned that when she saw what i paid for my last mug!. i really thank you guys for the feedback. this is about 4 mos worth of collecting.i will post some no flash photos soon so the REAL beauty can be seen.

i just added some "no flash "photos for y'all to check out.i think they convey the spirit better!.

C

You can but the lamp from http://www.dskdesigns.com for $55 - a guy out of Chicago - I bought mine from him & all went smoothly. I think he makes/distributes them, along with the few other items on his site, but I'm not sure.

K

hi twowheelin'...

did you sandblast the inside of the float or did you try some etching stuff? if the later, what type of an etching stuff?

[ Edited by: KAHAKA on 2003-03-19 18:20 ]

its real hard to blast the inside, it just swirls around!. aint done no etching yet.

On 2003-03-18 05:24, croe67 wrote:
You can but the lamp from http://www.dskdesigns.com for $55 - a guy out of Chicago - I bought mine from him & all went smoothly. I think he makes/distributes them, along with the few other items on his site, but I'm not sure.

However, the guy who DESIGNED the lamp, and from whom the design was stolen by the Chicago guy, will be at Tiki Oasis - the silver-haired, debonair Patrick. You can thank him for the beautiful lamp if you make it to Palm Springs!

Pages: 1 23 replies