Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

virani's new CD

Pages: 1 8 replies

P

Oh my - lots of fun in Florida this November.

virani will be gracing our humble shores, lounging at the Rusty Key and working on a new theremin CD of Hapa Haole tunes.

I can't wait to dig into this project.

Yes there will be a luau.
Yes it will either be a Thursday or a Friday, November 20th or 21st.

I expect all TCers within a hundred mile radius to be at the Rusty Key for this momentous event complete with massive amounts of great drinks and food and great music for all to enjoy. It will be the final luau of the season here as we are about to recreate the Rusty Key for the summer of tiki. (sponsored by.... uhhh.... Mel Gibson Brand Breathalyzers.)

PM me for directions and watch this thread and one in events for the date/time.

Tiki Bill and Onya Birri you have no excuse. If we have to kidnap you, then so be it.

Virani’s concept of Hapa Haole tunes on theremin is great. I can’t wait to hear that.

On 2008-10-19 04:35, Kawentzmann wrote:
Virani’s concept of Hapa Haole tunes on theremin is great. I can’t wait to hear that.

DITTO!!! :)

Let us know when the disc is available virani!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

V
virani posted on Mon, Nov 3, 2008 3:00 AM

So, who's coming ????
I can't wait to be with Pablus and the Floridian folks.

Also, I'll be in Chicago, spending a few hours on my travel back to France the 23rd. I'll go to the Chef and maybe Hala Kahiki for lunch/early dinner with the Coalbes...YEAH

Stolen Idols had the pleasure of backing up Virani on two tunes tonight, recorded at Pablus's AMAZING studio! How rare to meet an engineer who lets everyone set up in one room, bleed-through be damned!

Pablus and Virani were also kind enough to allow Stolen Idols to record two of our original tunes tonight.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the finished Virani CD. And the luau, too!

1. Can't wait to hear the results of these collaborations!!! 8)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

P

Today, it's Kanekila and virani working together on the tunes.
Steel and Theremin.
Interesting to hear instruments in the general timbre of each other playing off of each other. Sweet.

Onya Birri writes some very cool tunes.
Great listening to them last night.
You guys are gonna love the Stolen Idols stuff.

I bet it's fun trying to tune that Theremin!!! :lol:

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Shoot, I'd bet the hang is more than enough entertainment, not even to mention the music! Good times, my friends, good times! And with a great CD at the end of it all. Wow!!

Pages: 1 8 replies