Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki's of Kauai

Pages: 1 7 replies

Here are some of the Tiki's I have encountered on the lovely Garden Isle of Kauai which I visit every summer. My family goes way back there. Back to when my great, great grandfather jumped ship on Kauai from a whaling ship from Portugal. Hope you enjoy.

In front of some guy's house on the coast of Kapaa:

Along the Wailua river is the Kamokila Village which is a recreation of what an ancient Hawaiian village would have looked at complete with living huts, food huts, a meeting hut and even the menstrual hut. And a few Tikis.

The Kauai Marriott does one thing right. When a coconut tree dies they have a carver (I wish I knew his name) use the remaining stump to create some of the best Tiki's I have ever seen. Here are just two:

These are some Tikis from Tahiti Nui on the north shore of Kauai. Kind of a local bar but we had fun with the Friday night band.

Here is a shot of the Hanalei valley lookout just for fun!

DC

CJ

We are going to here soon. Please point us in the right direction!

Make a reservation at the Hanamaulu family restaurant (aka Hanmaulu Cafe) and tell them you want to sit in the tea garden. The inside of the restaurant is just okay but the tea garden is spectacular. Order the ginger chicken. This is one of the oldest restaurants on the island and is beloved by the locals for good reason.

And hike the Na Pali coast. Its the opening of Fantasy Island and Jurassic Park. And stop by Scotty's BBQ. I have never eaten there but they have the only Tiki Farm mug on the island in the form of a black Weber BBQ. And have a drink at the Tahiti Nui in Hanalei. Aloha

T

On 2009-01-02 22:53, Coco Joe wrote:
We are going to here soon. Please point us in the right direction!

Please look up Chongolio on here and get in touch with him. He moved to Kauai 2 years ago, is one of the TC Ohana, and is one helluva nice guy.

You should hook up with him there. Chongo...you out there ?

Pages: 1 7 replies