Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chin's Livonia Tiki Holiday Art Show Sale - Sat Dec. 13

Pages: 1 20 replies

Just wanted to give advance notice to all that a date has been set for the annual December Chin's of Livonia Holiday Art Show and Sale. Saturday December 13, 2pm - midnight. More details to follow as the event gets closer. A poster will be done in the next few weeks and I will post that. Presented by The Cat's Meow. Information will be updated on our website http://www.catsmeowdetroit.com Anyone interested in having art in the show or selling merchandise please contact me.

Nothing says Tiki like Detroit in December! :lol:

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ Edited by: Jeff Central 2008-10-20 06:28 ]

Hi Nancy, good to hear from you. So is Chin's chockful of Chin-Tiki artifacts now? And is the downtown building gone?

Yes Marlin has put quite a few very large status from Chin Tiki into the Chin's Livonia location. And he also moved part of the very large bar in. It is looking much better. The rest of the Chin Tiki artifacts are still in a storage unit somewhere. The new owners of the Chin Tiki Detroit still have it boarded up and they are not maintaining the property at all. Graffiti is covering the front now. I will take a photo soon and post it. I have heard that the new owners have no money and could not get parking or financing. What a shame.

H

We went this weekend to one of the Chin Tiki storage units where the family is storing the artifacts from Chin Tiki. Marlin donated some amazing items to the Chin Tiki Holiday event annual auction. We will be going through the items and let you know exactly what the raffle will be for. Here are some pictures of the storage unit.

Very cool, congrats! Post some pix of the desecrated Chin Tiki exterior here when done:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30362&forum=1&2

"REMEMBER the Chin Tiki!"

H

Will post photos of exterior of Chin Tiki soon!

On 2008-11-09 19:10, hulagirl1 wrote:
Will post photos of exterior of Chin Tiki soon!

Nice poster!

M

Looking forward to it Nancy. Me and the Family will be there. See Ya, Matt

T

Nothing is more needed than Tiki in Detroit in December!

H

Update on the tiki show. We have many artists and vendors for this years show. Many more than in past years. It is going to be packed! So come early and hang out with us! We will have original art for sale, prints, tiki carvings, pinstriped art, tiki farm, chin tiki t-shirts and so much more. The raffle this year is going to be very good, with Marlin donating some items from Chin Tiki, including a set of 2 bamboo chairs, cement wall tiki, rare yellow drink stirrer ( I have only seen them in green before now) and menus. Also a large gift basket from Cats Meow with new and vintage tiki items in it! So spread the word! Nancy

I wish I could be there but I'm glad my art's going at least so I'll be there in Aloha spirit. I'd love to see pics posted on this thread after!

I'll have a ton of prints and even a bunch of cute stocking-stuffer-sized $5 "mini-prints" but here's a sampling of the handcrafted tiki goodies that will be representing me there including one original velvet painting!

"The Bird Canoe"
7" x 9" Acrylic on Black Velvet

I also sent a few of my $10 ltd. edition pendants... I've made up to #30/50 now. You can read about them here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30699&forum=12&1

I'm also sending some handmade seagrass Christmas cards of my "South Pacific Santa" velvet painting.

Mele Kalikimaka!!!! Have fun at the show!

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2008-12-12 18:37 ]

Heathaaaah,

Got me some False Idols at Chin's today... I was hoping it would be there.

Dig!

-Z

obviously its all goin down as I type..
I'm interested in any xll (Or big guy size) Chins Tiki shirts if anyone can help out (assuming they exist)- I can pay ca$h for item and shippin.

If not have fun!

Mahalo

T

Awesome time Have some pics to post at a later time

On 2008-12-13 19:07, sneakyjack wrote:
obviously its all goin down as I type..
I'm interested in any xll (Or big guy size) Chins Tiki shirts if anyone can help out (assuming they exist)- I can pay ca$h for item and shippin.

If not have fun!

Mahalo

why don't you just visit http://www.catsmeowdetroit.com and buy whatever chins shirts you want???

..and if they don't have your size...ask em'.....they just might be able to get them for you.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-12-14 10:00 ]

HI, What a fun show!! Thanks to all who attended. Will post the names of the raffle winners tomorrow. Jim is working on posting pictures of the event. I had the best time and it was so much fun to see old friends and meet new ones. All the vendors were amazing and we all had a fantastic time. Nancy P.S. (xxl Chin Tiki shirts are available on our website http://www.catsmeowdetroit.com)

M

I would like to thank Nancy from Cat's Meow for putting on a great show.

M

Great time last night. Jim it was a blast meeting you. Good luck back out in Cali. Thanks to Nancy and Keith for continuing to put this event on. My Family always looks forward to it. It was also cool winning one of the raffles

Looks like it was a blast! Thanks for posting the pics.
Thanks to all who came out, to the artists & to Nancy! Hooray for Nancy! Maybe one of these years I can get my butt back east for a bit!

Mele Kalikimaka Everyone!

(Oh and nice work Feelin' Zombified! That's one of my all time favorites!)

Catsmeow cool - site
Order placed!

Mahalo

Pages: 1 20 replies