Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Offshore powerboat / bamboo materials

Pages: 1 8 replies

S

Oh knowledgeable ones! I am tikifiing a power boat, this will be the fastest tiki out there. What I am looking for is a thin yet strong material with a bamboo finish for an instrument panel (like stainless steel in bamboo about 10"h x 5'w) and bamboo textured vinyl for side bolsters and seat trim. I have an interesting tiki logo theme, and original surf tunes to compliment. I'll post pic's when finished. Mahalo

[ Edited by: Surfer 2008-10-22 12:27 ]

They make bamboo plywood...

I would say this belongs in "Other Crafts"

No tiki carving involved.

On 2008-10-22 16:43, Lake Surfer wrote:
I would say this belongs in "Other Crafts"

No tiki carving involved.

Topic moved, thanks LT

Surfer, do we get some "pre-tikified" pics? New boat? Vintage boat?

S

Just a plane white boat right now, but real fast. Still looking for material tips, I need something thin that will be marine quality, not plywood. Thanks

[ Edited by: Surfer 2008-10-27 08:00 ]

Try using PVC for bamboo (there are people here that have had real success imitating bamboo with PVC and epoxy).

Yep, it's pretty bland :(

PVC bamboo is a great idea, here's a link to a technique by Kewlava http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28450&forum=18

In order to make it waterproof, you may have to resort to some sort of painted stencil or airbrush design.

S

Go to one of those graphic wrappers. They can do really cool things to that plain white boat. That's my two cents.

Sungod

Pages: 1 8 replies