Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

For Sale: Trader Vic Memorabilia. Certificates & Picture

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Just wanted to put these on here first as I kind of wanted these to go to a good home and wanted to offer directly to the TC community who would have the most appreciation.

These following certificates and pictures are from the Trader Vic's auction that was recently held in Seattle for the now closed Bellevue location. This images were hung throughout Trader Vic's. I have not done anything to these in terms of taking them apart, copying or anything like that. Some even have a little tapa cloth still stuck to the back of them. Most of these were glued to the walls so do not have hanging hardware. I just need to get rid of these as I only have so much wall space and I had to be a little bit more specific with which ones I was keeping. Some of the following photos are a little blurry so I apologize but these are all I have been able to take so far.

The picture above is one I took at the Trader Vic's Bellevue auction. This shot shows the great Tiki that Dogbytes won at the auction. On the lower right of this picture, on the bottom shelf, you can see two boxes. I won the bidding on these and this is where the frames come from.

I am offering these here first so hopefully some people can pick up a little memento from Vic's. These were the frames that they hung in and all of these came from this location. The originals, I would imagine, are in the Trader Vic's vaults and these are the color copies that they use in all of their restaurants to add some history and decor to their walls! The prints are in good shape and all are color copied like the originals so you can see the different colors of the certificates right down to the ink of the signatures! They look great and would really be a great addition to a Trader Vic collection! You have probably seen some of these hanging in other Vic locations.

You just can't go anywhere and get these as they are right from the collection of the family of Trader Vic so don't delay! These are all I have left to sell right now and I am not making copies so the one you see is the one I am offering.

These are going on a first come first served basis. I guess the only way to do this fairly is to put them on here and whoever wants one first, just send me a message here and I will respond to you. I am only going to offer these here for a short time as I can't hang on to these.

I am asking for $30 each (but could be open to offers and trade) plus shipping to wherever you are and I will ship worldwide. I imagine that shipping for most of these within the US will be about $12-$16. I will combine so let me know which ones you want!!

ABOVE CERTIFICATE STATES: "United States Olympic Committee Certificate of Appreciation to Victor Bergeron in grateful acknowledgment of the loyal support of the teams that represent the United States with such distinction in the Olympic Games". SIGNED: "Douglas Roly(?) President, United States Olympic Committee
Date October 1968". FRAME MEASURES: 13"x9"

ABOVE CERTIFICATE STATES: "Virgin Islands Rum Council. To "Trader" Vic Bergeron whose zealous dedication has made most of civilization cognizant of the world's finest rums. The Virgin Islands Rum Council June 21, 1962".
FRAME MEASURES: 10"x12"

ABOVE CERTIFICATE STATES: "For Dining Distinction 1988 Travel/Holiday Honors Trader Vic's as one of the Outstanding Restaurants of the World". SIGNED "Robert Balzer Restaurant & Wine Editor and Sheldon Shane Publisher".
FRAME MEASURES: 15.25"x12.50"

Just for reference, I added the picture above which shows the Captains Room (Private Room) at the Trader Vic's Bellevue. I was focusing on the ceiling (for my shot) but you can just make out on the left, either side of the lighted map, the frame of the Guardsman Certificate (on left) and the 1988 Restaurant Certificate. I did not get any of the framed maps from the auction which would have been cool but there wasn't really any that really stood out to me.

ABOVE CERTIFICATE STATES: "For Dining Distinction 1989 Travel/Holiday Honors Trader Vic's as one of the Outstanding Restaurants of the World". SIGNED "Robert Balzer Restaurant & Wine Editor and Sheldon Shane Publisher". This one has a stain on the lower right side that looks to be within the copy. Pretty authentic looking!!!
FRAME MEASURES: 14.25"x11.25"

The picture above is not marked at all but looks to me to be somewhere close to San Francisco. It is of Trader Vic along with an older Asian couple. It looks like they are at a cemetery for a ceremony or commemoration of some sort. On their clothes, there is a ribbon that says "Angel Island Commemoration April 28, 1979". I am sure with this info. someone one can figure it out pretty quick. This is a black and white picture in frame that measures 11"x9".

These last pictures are of a print by Garry Trudeau of the comic strip "Doonesbury". I know Trader Vic often had art and alot of different items given to him and when they meant something to him, he would hang them on the wall in his own office. I did not see this one up at Vic's so maybe this was one out of way or in the office there. Who knows but it's still a cool bit of Trader Vic History!! I didn't write here what it says as I think you an make it out.

Thanks for looking and let me know if any of you are interested.
Mahalo, TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2008-10-26 19:57 ]

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2009-11-16 21:35 ]

T

Just bumping this up a little. Have had some response but most still available.
Thanks!!

T

If anybody happened to be interested in these a while ago and still might be, I have relisted the ones I have left on Ebay.

Here's a link to one of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130345288781&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Just an FYI so thanks for looking!!

Pages: 1 2 replies