Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Imbibe Article on Rum Collection

Pages: 1 2 replies

The latest issue (Nov/Dec 08) of Imbibe magazine has an article on Stephen Remsberg and his incredible collection of rare rums. Their website doesn't have it yet. http://www.imbibemagazine.com

Some details:

"Over the last 30 years he has amassed what is believed to be the world's largest private collection of rum, with around 1,300 bottles representing more than 800 varieties."

"Remsberg keeps a copy of the [Don the}Beachcomber"s 1940 rum list next to his bar. 'I'm trying to re-create that rum collection," he says. 'Now I'm mostly looking for antiques, the majority of which would be pre-World WarII.'"

"'I don't think Stephen's a collector; what he does goes beyond collecting,' says Jeff Berry... When you go to his house his house and look at his shelves, it's not a collection on display; it's more a museum of rum.'"

Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to get the new issue. I have heard some great stories about Remsberg's place and collection, I hope they included some good photos in the article so i can add some imagery to those stories in the vaults of my mind.

M

Pages: 1 2 replies