Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Craigslist Ad - Vallejo,CA - Witco Outrigger Wall Hanging For Sale

Pages: 1 9 replies

L

Not sure if this is the fella that picked this piece up from that estate sale in Oakland a few weeks back but perhaps someone can work a better offer than $350.00!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/897626724.html

[ Edited by: leleliz 2008-10-29 08:11 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-10-29 12:38 ]

Yeah - I'm pretty sure it's V-TownTiki who's selling this...

V-Town = Vallejo

Quite a mark-up for the sub-$100 price tag... plus it was half-off, but I'm not bitter for missing it by minutes... really, I'm not... i swear :wink:

On 2008-10-29 16:03, Trad'r Bill wrote:
Yeah - I'm pretty sure it's V-TownTiki who's selling this...

V-Town = Vallejo

Quite a mark-up for the sub-$100 price tag... plus it was half-off, but I'm not bitter for missing it by minutes... really, I'm not... i swear :wink:

I'm confused...what do you mean sub-$100 price tag? At the Estate sale? So this Witco piece or one like it sold for only $100? And then was marked up to $350.? Do most people who buy and sell Witco mark up that much?
I'm trying to learn about Witco...

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-10-29 22:49 ]

I'm just saying that he bought this Witco piece at an estate sale for a great price - now he is trying to sell it for much more... he has the right to ask whatever price he chooses, although I think that still is high.
I can't blame him really - I'm just kinda bummed because I was only a few minutes late from buying it for that great price myself.

W

For the archives here's the original text of the ad (minus contact info) and the pictures:

VINTAGE WITCO TIKI WALL HANGING - OUTRIGGER - $350

Date: 2008-10-28

Perfect addition to your tiki or mid century decor.
Dimensions: 5' wide x 30" high.
Carved wood (redwood or cedar) on painted canvas.
Like-new condition.
$350 o.b.o.
Pick up (Vallejo), or local delivery if you pay full asking price.

B

I have this Witco myself. It sits in my living room wall, and I think it's worthy piece.

Okay you caught me. Just wanted to set a hook out there. Just to defend myself against any attacks over whether I'm just and schmuck trying to make a buck. I may be a new member to tiki central ,but have been collecting and enjoying Tiki for a long time.

Yes,I got it for a very good price, but the sale was open till 6 on friday. opened at 7am on saturday and I didn't get there till after 9 on saturday. Plenty of time for someone else to pick it up. Trader Bill sorry I beat you there. If anyone wants to buy it let me know i'm sure we can work out a screamin' deal . At least I know it will go to a good home.

On 2008-10-29 07:26, TIKI DAVID wrote:

PICTURES SOON?

On 2008-10-30 19:34, freddiefreelance wrote:

On 2008-10-29 07:26, TIKI DAVID wrote:

PICTURES SOON?

no. my original post was "what difference does it make how much he paid for it?"

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-10-30 19:56 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies