Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What is Enchanted Tiki Room stuff is available at Disneyland?

Pages: 1 16 replies

I've seen what I can get online but what Tiki Room stuff can you get right now (November 2008) when you visit Disneyland?

A

As of last weekend they still had a load of the limited edition shirts, the coaster sets, bar towels, shot glasses, pitchers and bamboo handeled bags. They didn't have the stuff on Main Street anymore, just across from The Jungle Cruise.

Any mugs? Does anyone have pictures of any Tiki Room stuff?

TS

The Limited Edition of 500 Rongo bowl sold out a couple days after the event. I've had mine up for sale on ebay, which closes Sunday.

A

Last night the store on Main Street had been restocked. Everything but the sold out Rongo Bowls. Shirts, jewelry, even the little baby tikis.

Does Disney or some collector post what you can currently get anywhere on the net?

LT

If you have particular items in mind you can inquire and order over the phone.

Just got back from Disneyland, and they had on hand:
45th Anniversary items--->
Below Artist Amanda Visell
Computer Mouse pad
Coaster sets
shot glasses
Coffee mug
Limited Ed. Toss Pillows
Limited Ed. Hawaiian Shirt
Limited Ed. Handbag/purse
Limited Ed. Lucite Parrot Bracelet
Limited Ed. Charm Bracelet
(2) open edition anniversary mini prints

Below Artist Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily
Limited Ed. Tiki Babies (2 styles) $20/each
Limited Edition Tiki Garden Figurines $125 for the box set #2
(ALL items listed above were located in Adventureland)

It seems apparent that the Amanda Visell merchandise didn't sell very well, and maybe wasn't the best choice to represent as a main artist commissioned for the 45th Anniversary products?
I know for certain that during the 40th Anniversary with Shag as the main commisioned artist, most, if not all of the limited edition pieces he created were gone within a week or less of the event.
Even the 45th event in June of '08, most of Kevin and Jody's merch sold or sold out. Dave Avanzino's Tiki Room Shadowbox was amazing too, but I didn't see it available this time in the park. It is supposed to be an open edition, and not limited per-say.

Another amazing piece is the Limited Edition 500 Olszewski Tiki Room Light Box(Only seen in Disneyana on Main Street $120)
The limited lightbox was bought for me this week, and I have to say, it has the most incredible detail for its size! The miniature interior shot of the tiki room has a color changing fountain, and includes mood lighting to show interior details powered by 3 AAA batteries. Its a perfect piece to put next to the limited fountain, lamp and tiki room drummer made by Kevin and Jody.
This Olszewski piece fits seamlessly next to the other Limited Edition Tiki Room pieces.
Call Delivears for any pieces you might be interested in. On a bad note, DisneyParks stopped the courtesy 1 hour visitors shopping pass within the park, so either plan to make a day of it at the park, or call Delivears to acquire merchandise.
Good luck!
HERE IS A LINK FROM THE 45TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT SHOWING ALL MERCHANDISE I LISTED ABOVE
http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x112329ffe5

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-11-17 00:26 ]

B

If this has been mentioned already , I do apologize. Went to Disneyland Saturday and there is a new Rongo bowl. Now in brown with a little more detail.

Yes, I got that bowl last week at DL! It's great! I gather that wasn't part of the 45th ann. merchandise last June then? Because I don't remember it, just the green Rongo bowl. This new bowl matches the colors in my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom perfectly!

I was able to order one of the new bowls over the phone the other day - but forgot to ask if they still have some of the lucite parrot bracelets.

On 2009-03-02 08:54, buddabob wrote:
If this has been mentioned already , I do apologize. Went to Disneyland Saturday and there is a new Rongo bowl. Now in brown with a little more detail.

Just went today and those are long gone, unfortunately. They have pitchers, shot glasses, a Hawaiian shirt, a purse, figurines of the tikis out in the front of the attraction, and a fountain.

On 2009-03-31 22:17, nkash001 wrote:

On 2009-03-02 08:54, buddabob wrote:

Just went today and those are long gone, unfortunately. They have pitchers, shot glasses, a Hawaiian shirt, a purse, figurines of the tikis out in the front of the attraction, and a fountain.

I went to d-land today and 2 were on display at the disneyana shop on Main - there may be more.

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2009-04-02 20:01 ]

T

Was here last week, April 15th or so, and they DID have the Rongo Bowls in stock.
I was quite happy as I was not expecting any to be there. I sure did not want to pay the profit greedy eBay sellers as I like this one better then the all green ones.

I would say that they had a few on hand as I got one boxed from their storage and there were still the two out on display. The box does say they are Limited to 1500 but don't know how many are still available.

There were also a few different art prints, shot glasses, regular glasses, glass pitchers, Tiki Room shirts, Handbags, Limited collector figures (of the Tikis outside), Collector Box, Charm Bracelets, and Tiki Pocket Boxes.

Here's a picture of what I saw in the Trading Post shop across from Aladdin:

Also saw these cool items in the studio/art shop on Main Street:

The top two were pretty cool and hand made out of broken tile. Very colorful and were done quite well. The others were either artist proofs or originals. Some of these were the prints that you could get around Disneyland.

Great to see Disneyland again!!
Mahalo, TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2009-04-24 18:00 ]

I just got my hands on a Rongo bowl, as well. One of my wife's friends went to Disneyland last week and my wife gave her some money to pick something up for me from the Enchanted Tiki Room. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Rongo bowl come out of the box, since I hadn't seen Dan's update and I thought they were going to be sold out for sure. I like this version better than the green one, too! I'd post a photo, but we all know what it looks like by now...

I was there on May 7th and they still have the Rongo bowls, no more fountains or hand bags, but I think everything else was still there.

Any updates to this? The Sis-in-law is taking her family tomorrow...I'm wondering if there's anything I should be askin' her to pick up on my behalf?

Pages: 1 16 replies