Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki on King Of The Hill

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

Anyone see the episode last night..Bobby and Hank entered a rigata competition..Hank got scared of a bat in the garage and Bobby took over on creating the boat..He found out that brown paint on pvc resembled bamboo so to qoute " It just screamed tiki"..
Thatch, carving and tiki torches looked awsome..And how can you go wrong with an image of Hank and Bobby Hill floating down a river on a tiki boat..

I saw that episode last night it was great

theres also an episode with a shag painting in the background. when bobby starts dating s girl with progressive modern parents hank and peggy go to their swanky home to meet them and on the wall by the bar is a green shag painting

S
sungod posted on Mon, Nov 3, 2008 4:14 PM

Last season for King of the Hill. I'll miss those crazy Texans.

On 2008-11-03 15:43, tikithomas08 wrote:
theres also an episode with a shag painting in the background. when bobby starts dating s girl with progressive modern parents hank and peggy go to their swanky home to meet them and on the wall by the bar is a green shag painting

King of the Hill provides absolutely spot-on satire. When I lived outside of the state, I watched the show all the time just to get over the homesickness - it is that accurate in terms of reflecting and, through only minimal exaggeration, satirizing life in Texas. In this case, the show picked up on the Texas midcentury subculture, of which many on this board are members.

I don't think that there is one modern animation production house here in L.A. that does not have one or more members in their staff who know about, and dig Tiki. That seems to come with the territory of working in the creative/graphics field in Los Angeles. Even the guys at Pixar up in S.F. are heavily into it, and certainly at Sponge Bob and The Simpsons here, even at The Family Guy. I am still waiting for those Canadians to catch on. :D

Bobby Hill and his Tiki Boat ~

Pages: 1 6 replies