Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Chicago: tiki-themed water park

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

There is a tiki-themed 'Waves of Fun' indoor water park being constructed west of Chicago, in the town of Sandwich off of Highway 34. Planned opening date is in Spring of 2009.

The park will feature a standing wave surf machine, and tiki mascot named 'Shredder'

Here is the current website (still in development) for the park (also still in development)....
http://waves-of-fun.com/

RH

Thanks for posting this, esp. because it is something withen driving distance for me! I like their website, very clear what they're trying to do - kinda Tiki-flavored but not enough to turn civies off. This may not be "The Tikis" park, but it IS a good sign.

Thanks again.

T

I don't even know where Sandwich Illinois is...

What a missed opportunity - they could have called is Sandwich Islands!!!!

But I guess the average proletariat wouldn't get it.
Too bad, would have been a brilliant name...

I wonder if it ever even occurred to anyone in the park development office?

On 2008-11-04 09:10, tikibars wrote:
I don't even know where Sandwich Illinois is...

Sandwich, IL is about 57 miles west of Chicago just past Plano. The town brags that the DeKalb County Fair held there every fall is the best and largest county fair in the US. They also have a huge Antique and Collectibles show every month at the fair grounds from April through October.
Hope this helps!

H

Typical tiki goofiness--The 'name the tiki contest' winner submitted the name 'shredder'. With the looks of that tiki I think I could have beat her out with the name 'shredlocks'! :lol:

E

Sandwich is very close to us as well. Thanks Vern, we'll check it out once it's up and going.

Pages: 1 5 replies