Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag Akuku set for sale for REAL price!

Pages: 1 1 replies

This morning, I did what I've wanted to do for a while; I bought a Shag Akuku decanter for the honest-to-goodness suggested retail price of $150.00 ($162.38 with tax). Really! I got it from a fellow known as Prince, as in "Hawaiian Prince," named for his having thrown city-wide luaus in Austin in "the old days."

AND he has another, folks! Same price! And he has a Moatu, too, same price (I don't know what S&H would be). He wants these to go to people who want them, not people who will turn around and sell them again for the price that he did not feel that he himself could ask.

How smug did I feel that I did not succumb and buy an Akuku that I'd seen at another store 10 minutes earlier for $200.00! Doing the $150 thing was already hard enough to commit to - I just couldn't bring myself to do more, even though these were the first that I'd actually laid eyes on.

S0:
You may call Prince, aka Jim Hughes, at his store Atomic City in Austin from 12:00 - 6:30, M-Sat at (512)477-0293. If you do buy one of these, please post so immediately (or if you're shy, email me, so I can post it and leave your name out). I'm sure he will not enjoy being called 3 dozen times after it's gone!

If both are gone, Toy Joy, also in Austin, has 4 Akuku's and 1 Moatu, but for $200.00.

And this, my 100th post, now makes me a TC Socialite!!! Yippee!

Ok, #100 didn't do it - it's at #101 that I magically transform! Dmn dmn d*mn! -oh, wait, this IS th- never mind...

Pages: 1 1 replies