Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Peggy and David join the Wall of Immortals at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Aloha!

Yes, it's true once again!! The Wall of Immortals is growing ever larger! I'm pleased to announce that we've had a Forbidden Island First: A Double Devil! Peggy and David (FI's own Kalai Wa'a) have simultaneously completed the Forbidden Island Kill-Devil Club Rum List!!

All the way from Sunnyvale! (or as my doorman calls it "Sunnycupertoga")

The FI Kill-Devil Club is free to join (but sadly not to drink) and allows you to taste a tremendous variety of rums from around the world from our vast collection. Peggy and David did it side by side- not shared, mind you, but two at once! They were presented with a bottle each of their favorites (Santa Teresa 1796 and good ol' Zacapa 23) as their ceremonial song played ("Love will keep us together."- cue the "awwwwws") Each person gets their own plaque on the rum shelf, and in another first, Peggy and David are getting a "double-wide"!

Let's all give it up for Peggy and David!!!!

Thanks Martin/Martiki,

Peggy (a.k.a. Pele Nani, "Beautiful Volcano Goddess") and I couldn't have done it without you and the fantastic resource that is the FI Top Shelf. It's like a Rum University!

A great experience, and well worth the liver damage. Long live Royal Navy Imperial!

Interested readers can see my sign-off sheet with some blurry tasting notes at my blog here.

Best

Kalai Wa'a

C
CP posted on Fri, Nov 7, 2008 12:29 PM

Job well done!

I believe a gathering of the Kill-Devil Club is necessary so we may properly congratulate the two of you.

David and Peggy, congratulations on being #6 and #7!

(I was prepared to expound on my reasoning for tarrying until the tertiary position of The Kill Devil Club was at hand
before I subjugated the required intoxicants, however, a quip involving a well known school-yard numbering scheme,
included in this congratulatory note, would seem a bit crass.)

J

Congratulations Peggy and David! I'm sure you're looking forward to drinking regular old cocktails again! Cheers!

P

The Queeen of rum Welcomes you.

Congratulations Peggy and David!!!! Great job completing the rum journey through FI's top shelf!

The double-wide Plaque of Drunken Love looks awesome, thanks Martiki!

We missed you at Flight Lounge last night. PETERSON and I (and Stephanie and Jab, of course) were the only ones in uniform.

Lara made us a Mystery Bowl, it was great, and fun just to sip and enjoy without feeling the obsessive need to keep recounting ones score!

Pages: 1 7 replies