Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is This Bob Lee's Islander Mug Super Rare?

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

My mom found this mug at an antique shop over the weekend and asked me about it.
After searching Tiki Central, Ooga-Mooga, The Book Of Tiki and Tik Quest, I couldn't find one at all.
Is this one of the rarest mugs?

Thanx in advance for any info.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-10 17:08 ]

T

On 2008-11-10 17:07, TikiPug wrote:
My mom found this mug at an antique shop over the weekend and asked me about it.
After searching Tiki Central, Ooga-Mooga, The Book Of Tiki and Tiki Quest, I couldn't find one at all.
Is this one of the rarest mugs?

Thanx in advance for any info.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-10 17:08 ]

Never seen that particular Bob Lee's Islander mug. That style of mug was pretty popular in the late 70's (?) I have a bunch of mugs in that style from the restaurants around here & the Bali Hai in Mass still has original ones.

I'd say it's pretty rare though as it's the first one I've ever seen. I'll be on the lookout now for one of my own. Where does your Mom live? & give her a big hug for finding a great rare mug out in the wild. Congratulations on your find.

Tikisgrl

T

My mom lives in Cleveland. Yes, I know that mug well as I have a couple of my own. But not the Bob Lee's one.

T

Well if I never find one it's super rare. I love a good challenge though so give me a little time!

T

On 2008-11-10 18:09, Tikisgrl wrote:
Well if I never find one it's super rare. I love a good challenge though so give me a little time!

You're on, clock is ticking....

T

Her clock has been ticking for a long time. She's a timebomb I tell you.

T

Has someone PMed you and tried to Charm you out of it yet?

T

Nope. I wanted to add that the mug was marked $4.00 and when mom went to pay she was told the booth was having a sale and she got the mug for $2.68.

What a score.

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-11 17:39 ]

T

On 2008-11-11 15:00, tikiskip wrote:
Has someone PMed you and tried to Charm you out of it yet?

I tried the charm, didn't work! I tried the begging it didn't work! So I think the mug stays @ Pugs!

On 2008-11-11 15:02, TikiPug wrote:
Nope. I wanted to add that the mug was marked $4.00 and when mom went to pay she was told the booth was having a sale and she got the mug for $2.68.

What a score.

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-11-11 17:39 ]

Can you clone your Mom? Seriously mine's not a good shopper at all!

Pages: 1 8 replies