Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Rare Shag Collectible

Pages: 1 8 replies

..i remember that show...in fact i showed up early and saw a few lamps and the first round of shag mugs series 1....i thought the lamp was pricey at $45 (?)..or was it $65...talk about a missed dopportunity....they had just put the shag mugs out and i didn't buy any thinking they would probably always carry them. i wasn't too impressed with the glaze choices either..none the less i think they all sold out by the end of the evening....i wouldn't see them again till they were on ebay for big bucks....still kickin myself i didn't load up my bag with all that stuff...but who knew?

There is a store in Hermosa Beach I used to visit once in a while, and three visits in a row they
had one of the Brown Shag lamps for sale, must of had a few in the back. Well, I ended up buying
three, sold two (one for $450 to a guy in Japan) which more than paid for mine. I think the price
was $110, can't remember for sure. After the second set of Shag mugs came out, I purchased three sets
at Wacko. One set I sold, one set I kept and the third set I used as gifts to each person in my wedding.
Before everyone gets their panties in a wad about me re-selling, read the article by Robert Williams in Juxtapoz, which in essence states a secondary market actually helps promote a artist, and is a gauge
of success.

J

Oh my, I own this lamp! I knew it was good, but not how good! Found it for $15.00, minus the signed tag.
The Tiki gods were with me that day!

On 2008-11-13 10:33, tiki-riviera wrote:
Before everyone gets their panties in a wad about me re-selling, read the article by Robert Williams in Juxtapoz, which in essence states a secondary market actually helps promote a artist, and is a gauge of success.

By this definition, bigbrotiki is bigger than Elvis! :wink:

And I can't see why anyone would get upset about you selling something you own. Sometimes people are just ready to give something a new home where it can be appreciated by someone new. Whoever gets it is sure to love it, and maybe some day they'll share the love with someone else. That's the way it should work, in my opinion. Too much great stuff out there not to share it. :)

T

"And I can't see why anyone would get upset about you selling something you own. Sometimes people are just ready to give something a new home where it can be appreciated by someone new. Whoever gets it is sure to love it, and maybe some day they'll share the love with someone else. That's the way it should work, in my opinion. Too much great stuff out there not to share it."

Ha!
Are you new in town?:)

I like Shags work.

T

I like Shag's work too! I also like replies to five year old posts. Thanks for the memories. :)

T

It's all we got, old posts.

I still have the Shag lamp and the complete set of shag mugs. I wonder what they would go for today?

Thanks for reviving this long forgotten post :)

Pages: 1 8 replies