Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Boy...looks like we all let this one slip through.

Pages: 1 6 replies

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Mar 19, 2003 1:58 AM

i been having that book BK. it's a pretyye good book to just read fo wen you like merinate.

Oh, well....shows what I know.

Thanks for the heads-up on more, Trader Woody! I just got myself one. Been loving that cover photo since BOT. Now I'm kinda getting a little collection of Heyerdahl's fellow sailors' books. I got Erik Hesselberg's "Kon Tiki and I" too (and I finally got a good and cheap 1st edition Kon Tiki). Being somewhat knowledgeable on the pre-Columbian indians whom Heyerdahl believed to be the original sailors, it kind of marries two of my passions: pre-Inca AND tiki! Thanks BK for starting this whole thread!

Sorry, it looks like the bookfinder search goes down pretty quickly, but I'm sure you can all do a search there if need be.

BK- That was a good heads up - apologies if my follow-up post looked smart-ass at all. It wasn't meant that way.

Funnily enough, I got a first edition hardback of 'The Happy Island' (The author's other book) for 75 cents last Saturday. Tiki books in the UK are a whole lot easier to find than mugs over here!

Trader Woody

It's not much of a picture book, as in none..
But Paul Theroux's "The Happy Isles of Oceania" is a fun read. He kayaks between some close islands and hits the Solomons, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Marquesas and Rapa Nui as well as others, writing cool commentaries in each locale.

Pages: 1 6 replies