Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

emerald tiki island

Pages: 1 3 replies

A

'scuse me if this has already been posted, but didn't find it using search. Apparently they're opening a Trader Vic's in Dublin, Ireland:

August 28, 2008

The Trader – on his Way to Ireland!

In 2005 Ireland was rated the best place to live in the world – and there wasn’t even a Trader Vic’s there then!

Trader Vic’s is coming to Dublin and the locals are thrilled to be bringing a taste of the tropics to their Emerald Isle. The tikis will be setting sail for the island mid-2009 for an end-of-year opening. Here is what the proud new owner has to say…

” When I first had the pleasure of being taken to Trader Vic's I instantly knew by the cocktail list, quality of food, live music, decor and service that I had to find out how to bring it to Ireland so it could be enjoyed and appreciated by as many of the Celtic brethren as possible. We are very happy to announce that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed - the Trader is on his way!"

They probably saw the world most expensive cocktail was a Trader Vic's Mai Tai being sold in Dublin Ireland and knew they needed be there.

http://thespiritworld.net/2007/11/21/the-most-expensive-cocktail/

PI

I'm going to Dublin tomorrow. I'll look for tiki stuff, but I doubt I'll find any!

Pages: 1 3 replies