Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

cantaloupe drink

Pages: 1 2 replies

Has anybody heard of a blended drink (w/liquor) that has cantaloupe in it?

I remember years ago I went to a Jamba Juice, and I had a drink there that had cantaloupe. The thickener for it was yogurt, not banana like most (I ordered it because I'm allergic to banana).

It was a great taste. I always figured that cantaloupe could work in a blended drink, but I've never come across one.

Anybody have a recipe for one?

though it may be some time before i find it, in the process of going through old notes, doing some retesting, and compiling, i had worked up a cocktail with cantaloupe going back about 4-5 years ago. It was not blended though. I do not recall if i used the juice from a cantaloupe, probably did, but there is an italian? liqueur, a creamier type similar to lemoncello, that is cantaloupe. We received a bottle as a gift from friends returning from italy. You might be able to find it online. i never got real far into working up cantaloupe as my wife does not care fro the taste. good luck

Hmmm...... i remember reading something not too long ago that had cantaloupe and pepper. I remember it sounding odd, but tasting really good!

While I look back, here is a good punch recipe:

3 cantaloupes, cleaned and cubed
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, rinsed, save some mint sprigs for garnish
3 ounce fresh lime juice
2 ounce honey (or 4 ounce Honey syrup/liqueur)
2 bottles champagne

run the fruit and mint in a blender and strain into a pitcher (to remove cantaloupe pulp). Stir in the lime juice and honey. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. When ready to serve, stir in champagne (gently) pour into champagne glasses.

Garnish with mint sprigs poked into small wedge of fruit and wedge onto the side of the glass.

And I have to include this one for the entertainment value......(where is the cantaloupe in this recipe?):

Cantaloupe Martini

• 1 oz. Vodka
  • 2 oz. Marie Brizard Watermelon Liqueur
  • 2 oz. Orange Juice
  • Squeeze of fresh Lime Juice

Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with Cherry.

Pages: 1 2 replies