Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies

SF CLASSIC COCKTAIL # 10 Saturday Dec 5

1. HEAVEN'S DOG 1148 Mission St/at 8th 5:30 - 6:45pm

2. ABSINTHE 398 Hayes St/at Gough 7:00 - 9:00pm

3. SMUGGLER'S COVE(A bonus stop if you have a ticket for the soft opening) 9pm - 12pm

All stops within 6 blocks of Civic Center BART first 2 stops have food

My second ticket to Smuggler's Cove for Saturday 9:00-midnight may be up for grabs. Anyone going to the Paul Crawl and not have a ticket for Saturday night? Email me at [email protected].

J

Lala and I will meet up with you all around 8:00 at Absinthe after we get kicked out of the 5:00 SC Preview.

H

We won't be able to join for the Smuggler's Cove portion, but I'll try to twist Trott's arm into joining up for the other stops.

Had to work, today, but I'll try to make it to Absinthe before SC.

...My liver is powder dry!

SF Classic Cocktail #11 Sunday Jan 24

Alembic 1725 Haight St Savoy Night 5pm

all cocktails served are from the Savoy Cocktail Book

We will be at Alembic 5 - 8pm
2nd stop Smuggler's Cove

Hopefully we will catch you at the Cove!

Bill and I might be up for this Sunday's at The Cove. It depends upon scheduling and our location that day. If we're in the area, we'll be there.

Hmmm.... I'm in SF Friday night, but a trip down Sunday to see some of my favorite TC peeps might be worthwhile.

Can't meet you at Alembic, but will be at the Cove. Maybe I'll try to catch up to Ron or Mark...

New Cocktail bar of the month:

HIBISCUS 1745 San Pablo @ 18th St.(1 block from the Fox Oakland)
Caribbean style food only 5 cocktails so far, but they are good

Try an UPTOWN PEGU(Blue Coat Gin, lime, Cointreau,cane syrup)
or a PIRATE JENNY(Bulleit, Cointreau, lemon, St Elizabeth Allspice Dram)

FLORA across from the Fox Oakland will be adding 5 new cocktails
to their menu next week

See everyone on Sunday!

SF Classic Cocktail #12 Saturday February 6

1. SPRUCE 3640 Sacramento St@ Spruce 5pm - 7:30
    very good whiskey and bourbon cocktails

2. AZIZA 5800 Geary at 22nd Ave 7:30 - 9pm
    parking may be tough and there may be a wait
    if this is the case proceed to Smuggler's Cove

I coming and bringing along a friend. Watch out. Single ladies out on the town! We'll miss the first stop though.

As most know who attended the Tikiyaki Orchestra gig in PA. I tipped back way more than I should have. My liver is in dry dock. I'm going to have to miss this Paul Crawl. I'll be there in spirit though not in body. Sign me up for the next one.

SF CLASSIC COCKTAIL #13 Oakland Rockridge Area Saturday March 6

1. WOOD TAVERN 6317 College Ave @ 63rd St Oakland 4:00-5:30pm

2. A COTE 5478 College Ave @ Lawton St 5:30- 8pm

All stops have food and are walking distance from Rockridge BART
If you drive park near Wood Tavern, then drive 8 blocks to A Cote

also of note: 15 Romolo Bar SF March 11 8pm "Thee Swank Bastards" live

MA

Barring any unforeseen complications, it'll be lucky 13 as I'll finally be able to join in the revery.

I'm in. Have a family dinner, but will make the second stop.

Change of plans. Can no longer make the crawl. Have a good time and I hope to see you all soon.

J

Hey Rum Runner, if you want people to know there's a new Cocktail Crawl planned, you should change the date on the title of the thread. People aren't even going to read the most recent posts if it looks like people are still just talking about last month's crawl. Hope this helps.

RR

See everyone tonite

Paul,
Thanks for another amazing crawl! Rockridge rocks!

Fun crawl Paul! Nice drinks too! Happy Birthday!!!

Paul and Crawlers,

Sorry that I missed this one. I got hung up on something that I couldn't get out of and by the time it was over it was too late to join in the crawling.

See ya next time,

Just a bump here
Thee Swank Bastards San Francisco Bay Area shows:
March 10 10pm Bondage-a-Go-Go at the GLAS KAT SUPPERCLUB;
March 11 8pm 15 Romolo;
March 12 3pm The Condor;
March 13 2pm Forbidden Island;
March 13 10pm Paradise Lounge
Hope to any and all of you there.

Paul has graciously allowed KuKu and myself to be guest hosts for April's Classic Cocktail Crawl aka The Paul Crawl. So, since we both live in Santa Cruz County, we are taking the crawl to Santa Cruz! And the same night Los Straitjackets will be playing at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz. So, make a whole day out of it and come on down to Santa Cruz for drinks and surf music!

Paul Crawl #14 - Santa Cruz - Saturday April 3rd
2:30pm - 4:00pm Hula's and Tiki Room
4:00pm - 5:00pm 515 Kitchen and Cocktails
5:00pm - 6:00pm Aqua Bleu
6:00pm - 7:00pm Vida

• ABOUT a 20 MINUTE WALK TO NEAR THE WHARF/DREAM INN*
    7:30pm - 8:30pm Aquarious
  • TRAVEL TIME - HAVE A DD *
    9:00pm - late Moe's Alley for the Los Straitjackets show (buy tickets ahead of time)

[ Edited by: Tikitastic 2010-03-27 18:22 ]

Well done, you guys are on it
hopefully we can try the outdoor rooftop bar at stop #2

M

sounds fun, may actually be able to make one this time around.

I'm in. Can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday. Thanks for organizing guys. You are the best.

I have an extra ticket to Los Straitjackets at Moe's Alley for the end of the crawl. PM me if you need one.

Looking forward to celebrating my bday with some good friends and good cocktails.

Got my Los Straitjackets ticket today!

1 week from today!

I'm gonna try and make this.

M

I'm uber lazy, got the addresses? I need to gps myself down there since I don't make it that far very often.

thanks Jx

Anyone have any hotel suggestions?

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Mar 29, 2010 8:31 PM

On 2010-03-29 17:34, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Anyone have any hotel suggestions?

The Dream Inn where the final stop is...

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Mar 30, 2010 7:44 AM

OK, now I have an extra ticket to the Los Straightjackets show, so if interested please contact me...

Hey monet2u...just GPS your way to Hula's and the rest of the bars are walking distance from there.

Hula's Santa Cruz
221 Cathcart Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-4419
(831) 426-4852

M

thanks!

So ready for my birthday crawl. Got a hotel room and ready to party. Viva Los Straitjackets!

Bump

UB

Just told yesterday I have to work an Easter bar tomrrow at
9 AM.
Shit!
Wish I was there.
Happy Birthday Brenda!

M

yesterday was super fun! lots of great santa cruz cocktails, really good company and rock n roll! what more could a girl want? thanks Tikitastic and KuKu for a fabulous crawl. :)

and a special shout out to martiki for thinking of us. Nice start to our festivities!

[ Edited by: monet2u 2010-04-04 11:18 ]

TWO

I hope Hanford does not mind me posting his photo. It was too good not to share.

M

Howdy!

Rum Runner is allowing myself and Tiki Glam to organize a West Oakland Paul Crawl. This one is all about the beer! There’s so much of the good stuff, it would be a shame not to give beer its due.

So please join us for the 15th Paul Crawl on Saturday, May 22, We’ll kick it off at 4PM at Heinolds First and Last Chance Saloon in Jack London Sq.

Also, please join me in celebrating as I answer the age old question: What’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything? There will be cake at the 2nd stop, Beer Revolution.

4:00 PM
Heinolds First and Last Chance
48 Webster Street in Jack London Square
Oakland CA 94607
510-839-6761

Cocktails and Beers
http://www.heinoldsfirstandlastchance.com/intro.shtml

5:30 PM
Beer Revolution
464 3rd St
Oakland, Ca. 94607

Large selection of really great beers, vegan soul food next door, and outdoor patio seating to soak up the Oakland sun

http://www.beer-revolution.com/

7:00 PM
The Trappist
460 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 238-8900

Belgian and specialty beer bar some light nibbles
http://www.thetrappist.com/

8:30 PM
Pacific Coast Brewing Co
906 Washington Street
Oakland, CA 94607-4032
(510) 836-2739

Beers and more beers and a full dinner menu, so plan on soaking up the beer with tasty pub grub.
http://www.pacificcoastbrewing.com/

The party doesn’t have to end either, lots of other places to check out in/around this part of Oakland.

Hope to see you on May 22!

I'm ready for beer........
near the last stop there is a new bar called:

Liege Spirits Lounge, we can check it out

sorry kiddies NO SUMMER RECESS
In June we go to COMSTOCK SALOON
In July we go to BAR AGRICOLE

Dang, that's the evening us Sacto ohana were planning on descending upon Smuggler's Cove for a night of mayhem. Can I fit them both in somehow???? Hmmmm

We're IN! This sounds like too much fun! Great stops!

On 2010-04-23 12:21, monet2u wrote:
Howdy!

Rum Runner is allowing myself and Tiki Glam to organize a West Oakland Paul Crawl. This one is all about the beer! There’s so much of the good stuff, it would be a shame not to give beer its due.

So please join us for the 15th Paul Crawl on Saturday, May 22, We’ll kick it off at 4PM at Heinolds First and Last Chance Saloon in Jack London Sq.

Also, please join me in celebrating as I answer the age old question: What’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything? There will be cake at the 2nd stop, Beer Revolution.

4:00 PM
Heinolds First and Last Chance
48 Webster Street in Jack London Square
Oakland CA 94607
510-839-6761

Cocktails and Beers
http://www.heinoldsfirstandlastchance.com/intro.shtml

5:30 PM
Beer Revolution
464 3rd St
Oakland, Ca. 94607

Large selection of really great beers, vegan soul food next door, and outdoor patio seating to soak up the Oakland sun

http://www.beer-revolution.com/

7:00 PM
The Trappist
460 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 238-8900

Belgian and specialty beer bar some light nibbles
http://www.thetrappist.com/

8:30 PM
Pacific Coast Brewing Co
906 Washington Street
Oakland, CA 94607-4032
(510) 836-2739

Beers and more beers and a full dinner menu, so plan on soaking up the beer with tasty pub grub.
http://www.pacificcoastbrewing.com/

The party doesn’t have to end either, lots of other places to check out in/around this part of Oakland.

Hope to see you on May 22!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies