Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Classic Cocktail Tour #27 - Saturday June 23rd (page 20)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies

while at Gitane tonite a waitress spilled Beer on me......

2 weeks until the BEER CRAWL !

The Toronado on Haight St still has some good Belgians from April's Belgian Beer Month

try the Monk's Cafe sour Belgian Red outstanding !

M

Getting very excited to see everyone and drink beer!:D

TG

I believe we've now added Merchants Saloon to the Paul Crawl? Merchant's is on 2nd and Franklin, so we should proceed there after Heinhold's, and before Beer Revolution!

MT

Awesome! I've never been to Merchants, and I've been wanting to go there for a loooong time - heard many "interesting" stories about that place. Looking forward to this crawl. Did someone say BEER?!? Mmmmmmm, beeeeer...

BEER.....almost HERE This Saturday

I am so looking forward to this event. Right in our backyard so to speak! We're going to visits to East Bay legendary venues. Jack London's Cabin for goodness sakes (Heinholds)! Can't wait!

M

I'm getting super excited and can't wait to drink tasty brews with everyone. Only two more sleeps until beer o'clock! ;D See you Saturday!

[ Edited by: monet2u 2010-05-20 10:37 ]

M

Today's the day folks. Cupcakes are baked and I'm ready for BEER! see you in Oaktown! :D

at Beer Revolution try the:
Bocker Jacobus Rouge Belgian Sour Red beer

Thanks so much ladies for guest hosting. That was awesome. We even managed to squeeze in Merchants in there, stipper pole, $2 beers and all. :wink: All venues were great. I have two things to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!!! AND CUPCAKES!!!!

M

Thanks to everyone that made it out! such a blast!!! mmmm cucpakes :D

BIG Mahalo to Paul for allowing me and Tiki Glam to host this month's Paul Crawl (TM).

Had a great time. Mahalo for organizing. Hopefully Mai Tai will post some pics of his performance. Dollah Bill!!!

I soo wanted to go. How did everyone like "The Last Chance"? Pretty cool place eh?

M

love First/Last Chance!!! that was my first time there but not my last :wink:

Good thing we started there as we could have ended up in a big messy pile if we'd ended the night there. that slanted floor is a beast! though now I think of it, that might not have been such a bad thing :wink:

SF CLASSIC COCKTAIL #16 SATURDAY JUNE 5

1. COMSTOCK SALOON 155 Columbus Ave @ Jackson 4:30pm - 7pm

2. THE BURRITT ROOM (2nd Floor of the Crescent Hotel) 417 Stockton St @ Sutter 7pm - 8:30pm

3. Optional..... the CLOCK BAR and THE FIFTH FLOOR have new cocktails this month

First Stop 6 blocks from Montgomery BART

Checked out 3 new bars in Downtown Berkeley for a future crawl
GATHER, REVIVAL BAR, AND BAR 5 in the Shattuck Hotel

Great drinks at both locations, only the Comstock Saloon has food
The Burritt Room is a nice surprise 18 cocktails 2 punch bowls
kind of worried about the Burritt's location next to the Stockton Tunnel
hopefully people will support it

Lookin' forward to another Paul crawl on Saturday evening. Been working my arse off so I can take off the entire weekend. PM me if you want to join in on my mayhem making.

M

so bummed I won't be able to make this one, those bars will be awesome...vegas calls tho! have fun everyone and see you on the next Paul Crawl in July :D

On 2010-06-01 14:11, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Lookin' forward to another Paul crawl on Saturday evening. Been working my arse off so I can take off the entire weekend. PM me if you want to join in on my mayhem making.

No mayhem at Buster's house!

TG

On 2010-05-23 10:54, Coco Loco wrote:
Thanks so much ladies for guest hosting. That was awesome. We even managed to squeeze in Merchants in there, stipper pole, $2 beers and all. :wink: All venues were great. I have two things to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!!! AND CUPCAKES!!!!

this is late but that was SO much fun and thanks everyone for coming on our crawl!!!!!

R

Okay, count me in.

RR

10 new seasonal cocktails at Clock Bar.....

they even have a drink called HUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUKUAPUA'A

Priming my liver for some damage tonight. Yummy cocktails, good friends. Ahhhhh.

H

We're going to try to make it out, we've been wanting to check these places out. See you tonight, hopefully!

R

I survived the Paul Crawl!

Mahalo for the SF welcome.

RR

Coming Soon........

BAR AGRICOLE maybe in July

Waterfront Bars of SF La Mar, Lafitte, Plant Cafe

Downtown Berkeley Bars Bar 5, Gather, Revival Bar

When you do a China Town Mai Tai Crawl I'll make the miserable trek up there again. :wink:

H

We walked right through the heart of Chinatown on this last crawl, it was great fun. I ADORED the Burritt Room, which is close enough Chinatown to correct any heinous wrongs inflicted by awful Mai Tais if we do a future Chinatown crawl (which I would totally be into).

M

Hey RumRunner, please post the new July deets please :)

SF CLASSIC COCKTAIL # 17 Saturday July 3

1. HOG & ROCKS 3491 19th St @ Valencia 5:30 - ?

This is a new venture created by Christine from Smuggler's Cove and Ray from Maverick
Christine will be the Bar Manager and Ray will be the Chef
This is a soft opening, so watch this thread for changes
Full Bar with Food about 4 blocks from 16th St BART Mission District

1. optional stops TBA possibly Luna Park and Elixir

[ Edited by: Rum Runner 2010-06-24 23:14 ]

Will have to skip this one. A man with a sexy southern drawl and his cute son are due in town that afternoon. Love all you guys, but that's a better offer.

M

here's some info on the first stop. since it's brand new thought folks might be curious.

http://www.tablehopper.com/chatterbox/hog-rocks-is-ready-to-open-its-pen/

M

Tomorrow, can't wait!

M

Come see me for a night cap if you still got it in ya! I'll be there all night tonight.

RR

August 15 Sunday......before you leave for Oasis we check out:

BAR AGRICOLE 355 11th St @ Folsom 5pm - 8pm

4 blocks from Civic Center BART Food & Drink

J

Booooo. I am actually leaving for Oasis (with several stops along the way) on the 15th. Have fun!

Awww man! I'll still be in town, but I have an appellate court argument the following Tuesday so I'll be working all weekend. I soooo want to see Thad's new bar now that it's FINALLY opening.

NEW DATE and TIME:

BAR AGRICOLE Monday August 16 6:00 pm

355 11th @ Folsom

Not sure about Monday...leaving for Oasis early Tuesday am. I'm still planning to finish voyager list tomorrow though...

Arrgh! now they are opening TUESDAY August 17

How about we go after Oasis?

M

yes, after tiki oasis would be best. :)

went there tonite with Ken It's great
try the Rhum Punch, or Rhum Dandy, even the Ti Punch is good
for food the corn pudding with ham or green beans with mustardy potatoes
...and of course the Rum Raisin ice cream is fantastic

I'm thinking Sat September 18 for our official Bar Agricole visit

RR

SF Classic Cocktail Tour #18 Saturday September 18

1. BAR AGRICOLE 355 11th St @ Howard 6pm - 8:00pm

2. HEAVENS DOG 1148 Mission St @ 8th 8:30 - 10pm

at 9pm at Heavens Dog there will be a Book release event for:

LEFT COAST LIBATIONS (which features many of our favorite bartenders)

All stops near Civic Center BART, all have food

additional bonus.....across the street from Bar Agricole

Una Pizza Napoletana 210 11th st is opening Sep 15 for your pizza fix

RR

bump.............

BV

Oh the mission district! My old stomping grounds. Too bad La Rondalla cantina is no more!

Wish I could make it, but on the other coast. That left coast book sounds interesting though. Any urls so I can check it out?

Thad is such a great mixologist. Really happy he's gotten to open his own place. And maybe I can find parking at this one, unlike at Slanted Door.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 304 replies