Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

11 piece frankl bamboo furniture set for sale

Pages: 1 19 replies

..found this little gem that's gonna be at an estate sale this weekend.....click the link and scroll down to see one of the best bamboo sets i've seen in awhile.....

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/49782.aspx

if i had the scratch i'd pick it up in a heartbeat.....hopefully it will go to a good home from someone here or to someone you know.....before the resale vampires get a hold of it!!

That's beautiful! I wonder how much they're asking for it?

Too bad the set is only five band not six or I would have bought it already,
Still a nice set though.

starting minimum bid is $1000......

Tipsy,

Do you know how they plan to run this estate sale? All of the estate sales that I have attended have everything marked with a price and the first person who grabs it, gets it. If they are taking bids, are they going to auction the set off?

On 2008-11-18 11:57, 1961surf wrote:
Too bad the set is only five band not six or I would have bought it already,
Still a nice set though.

Serious? The fact it's in Il doesn't factor in?

On 2008-11-18 15:08, albino tiki wrote:
Tipsy,

Do you know how they plan to run this estate sale? All of the estate sales that I have attended have everything marked with a price and the first person who grabs it, gets it. If they are taking bids, are they going to auction the set off?

It is an estate sale not an auction, so the first one through the door and calls dibs, gets it. Tipsy probably called the Clean Out Crew who are the people running the sale and got the asking price, which is $1000.00. At most sales they will take a bid on items that don't move out the door immediately. Pretty sure this will bring out more than a couple of buyers ready to spend $1000.00 though. If you really want this set, we suggest that you camp out overnight, cuz that's probably the only way you might have a shot at it! Hope this helps.

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2008-11-19 08:08 ]

typically that's how an estate sale works....not so in this case.

i was told that there were a number of people interested in this set and because of that, they are taking bids on it..it's not first one through the door on this. the clean out crew has an email list and if you are on it you can go to the presale which is this thursday from 3- 6 p.m....it is here that the fate of the bamboo set will be sealed....from what i was told, the minimum bid is $1000- not the price of the set but the minimum you can start your bid....now i'm not sure how they do this...maybe it's a silent auction or something...if anyone here is truly considering this set, i urge you to not rely on me or any other opinions about this but to go directly to the link and inquire to the clean out crew directly....i don't want anyone to miss out on this (well, at least a couple of you, anyway ) due to any confusion on my part...

On 2008-11-19 10:43, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

if anyone here is truly considering this set, i urge you to not rely on me or any other opinions about this but to go directly to the link and inquire to the clean out crew directly....i don't want anyone to miss out on this (well, at least a couple of you, anyway ) due to any confusion on my part...

So, the number for them is:

THE CLEAN OUT CREW, INC.

(630)736-5730

Call early, call often...

I called, too, and received a slightly different story. I was told that they will be accepting "sealed" silent bids throughout the two day sale. Sometime, near the end of the sale on Saturday, they will review the bids and notify the high bidder. That's what the lady that answered the phone said, but please don't hold me to it if it's wrong.

On 2008-11-19 13:58, albino tiki wrote:
I called, too, and received a slightly different story. I was told that they will be accepting "sealed" silent bids throughout the two day sale. Sometime, near the end of the sale on Saturday, they will review the bids and notify the high bidder. That's what the lady that answered the phone said, but please don't hold me to it if it's wrong.

..you may be right....after reading their email again, it seems that the presale is one event and the auction may be as you stated....they didn't give me nearly that much detailed info so it appeared to me that the set was going to be offered in the presale.... so what i glean from all this is, if you go to the presale, you can drop off your bid.....but you won't know you are the highest bidder till the end. I also assume this silent auction only applies to the bamboo set and the rest is up for grabs at the presale....

....all of this has given me a headache...to the point at which i no longer care about this set anymore...a simple sale should not be this confusing...

..best of luck to those of you that are going to give it a shot.....

W

Hope the group conducting the sale are licensed auctioneers, otherwise they could be in crazy trouble with the state if they run it this way.

On 2008-11-20 10:28, wentiki wrote:
Hope the group conducting the sale are licensed auctioneers, otherwise they could be in crazy trouble with the state if they run it this way.

yeah but this is chicagoland ....they invented the word "corruption" here and the rules that apply to others in the state don't really apply in these parts....besides, who's gonna rat them out?...and to what end?

"the wheels of karma grind slow....but they grind fine !!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-11-20 11:28 ]

W

All it takes is one miffed losing bidder to spoil the fun and report the transaction. Happens all over. Illinois at one point even tried to force eBay sellers to get auction licenses, so it isn't a stretch to think they would want to make an example of a few peeps.

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2008-11-21 09:48 ]

T

We have the same set.
I got it for $1,200.
BUT it cost almost as much to get it professionally
recovered.
I love this set.
Also does the set for sale look kinda new to anyone but me?
I think some company is making this stuff again.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2008-11-21 17:31 ]

On 2008-11-21 17:30, tikiskip wrote:

Also does the set for sale look kinda new to anyone but me?
I think some company is making this stuff again.

I dunno, the fabric has that uncool type of retro flavor no one today would remake.

There is a company in the Philippines that reproduces vintage style rattan,
but not five band.This is definitely a vintage set.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-11-22 14:06 ]

Did anyone we know put a bid in?

T

Good point on the fabric.
The rattan just does not have an old patina.
Maybe it was kept better than mine.

Pages: 1 19 replies