Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Why Today's 'Alt Rock' Sucks So Much

Pages: 1 21 replies

W

Instant Punk Kit

Includes Spiked hair headpiece, spiked choker, and 1 wristband.

One size fits most
Vest not included

"This punk set did it's job! My little boy was going to be a rock star for Halloween and his dad was going to match his costume in an adult version for a Halloween camping trip this past weekend. They won a prize for best costumes! My husband looked so great in this crazy get-up. The spike wig fit great because he doesn't have a full set of hair. Put this punk set together with a punk t-shirt and punk boots and you have a great costume at a great price! Would definitely recommend!"

I hate when all the punk bands I like are wearing this costume.

..actually, it's pretty avant garde to wear a costume mohawk headpiece as opposed to getting a real hawk....wish i would have thought of that when i was 16...before shaving my head with the real deal...

i may just run out and get me one of those fake hawks and start wearing it on a daily basis...my way of thumbing my nose at those that thumb their noses! har!!!

W

Cool.

This Bilge worthy thread was made as a meaningless nonsensical comment on a buncha crappy music I waded through yesterday.

Still, I hope to see more middle agers wearin' plastic mohawks fer real. Why not? It sure beats Dockers and Polo shirts. And it'll brighten up the lengthening unemployment lines.

T
twitch posted on Sat, Dec 6, 2008 6:16 AM

Well, I dunno 'bout the rest of the planet, but 'round these here parts the 'hawk is in vogue as the latest hip hairstyle, even if they're more like short-hawks and the sides aren't totally shaved-down.
A supervisor where I work has one. I felt compelled a coupla times to explain that there was a time when you could get seriously hurt or possibly killed for looking like that, but I managed to control the dad-speak.
If it starts with "When I was your age", don't even bother.
I was going to show up with a REAL 'hawk, but realized it would be too thin to notice and would start at the top of my head anyway...

W

"...The 'hawk is in vogue as the latest hip hairstyle, even if they're more like short-hawks and the sides aren't totally shaved-down."

That sounds like it could be classified as a faux faux-hawk.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Dec 6, 2008 10:43 AM

On 2008-12-06 06:16, twitch wrote:

I was going to show up with a REAL 'hawk, but realized it would be too thin to notice and would start at the top of my head anyway...

Wattie still does it.

[ Edited by: Heath 2016-03-14 17:56 ]

On 2008-12-06 10:43, Heath wrote:

Wattie still does it.

And he still sucks! I've always hated the Exploited. Anyway, I thought he was sporting a more burning man dreadyhawk now?

Now this is a real mohawk!

On 2008-12-10 10:40, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:

On 2008-12-06 10:43, Heath wrote:

Wattie still does it.

TIKIKAIMUKI wrote:
And he still sucks! I've always hated the Exploited. Anyway, I thought he was sporting a more burning man dreadyhawk now?

Wow, harsh to old Wattie. Funny how people get so pissed about that band.
I know they weren't the most intelligent band back in the day, but they had a few really good raw sounding tunes I liked. Dead Cities is a classic and I love the rolling deep sound from the title track on Horror Epics. You've gotta admit, they at least elicit a response which is more than I can say for most of the emo horsesh*t I've heard lately. This whole limp-wristed-pud-pulling-sad-core stuff is just a giant Buzzcocks/Joy Division rip anyways. Those bands were crying about being wimpy way before any of these new groups had gotten out from under the veil of whatever their blinder wearing parents were listening to.
Didn't mean to rant.
I need to switch to decaf tea.
Peace

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.