Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

SHAG "Spirited" Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Cocktail Reception

Pages: 1 22 replies

For all you Shag and DIsneyland Haunted Mansion collectors

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlr_shag_haunted_mansion_cocktail_reception_2009.html

a few diffrent packages , so no standing in line hopeing there might be some for you to buy.

good luck

I'm a big fan of Shag, but I'm not finding anything really special about the art. It looks sorta phoned in. I guess it's a good thing I'm not into it 'cause I got this wedding thing going on that day and it might be inappropriate for me not to be there. Now, his new In Search of Tiki print is what I'm excited about.

Thanks for the info!

This is why it sometimes sucks to be a collector of Shag and not live in So Cal.

Count me as one who LOVES the "We're Dying to Meet You" image
and would by a limited edition serigraph of it in a heartbeat.
There are several other images there that I like as well, but
it is the standout image.

Best,

Gromit_Fan

M

Kool digs

Pictures of the merch are finally up....I can't decide if I want to shell out the money to go. Two hundred clams can buy a lot of tiki mugs!

http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x1451421605

Thanks for the link MauiRose.

I don't think I'll be buying any of the merchandise but nevertheless, here's their crossover item;
the Haunted Mansion Aloha Shirt:

L

I love The Haunted Mansion. I have so many pics and memories from growing up near Disneyworld.

I love this one "A Dismaying Observation". I remmeber being amazed when I was 6 years old at the changing paintings.

Might not be everyone's favorite works by Josh but I have to admit I am looking forward to picking up a few prints for sure.

M

I seriously love that aloha shirt, Hakalugi.

I don't think it's really worth it for me to go this shindig since I don't want to buy any of the big-ticket stuff. I really just want the postcard set, but for some reason it's an edition of 500. I'm a Disney merch noob and I know those fans can be rabid so I don't know if that's enough for there to be any left after the event.

Anybody have any advice?

K
KuKu posted on Sat, Feb 28, 2009 4:45 PM

On 2008-11-24 17:19, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
I'm a big fan of Shag, but I'm not finding anything really special about the art. It looks sorta phoned in. I guess it's a good thing I'm not into it 'cause I got this wedding thing going on that day and it might be inappropriate for me not to be there. Now, his new In Search of Tiki print is what I'm excited about.

Ya that SOLD OUT almost instantly... :( :x :evil: :cry: :roll:

Cripes, I should have never looked at this thread...

V

Holy Smokes I love that shirt!

Holy cow, are you kidding me? That's so awesome!! The Haunted Mansion has always been my favorite ride. Is this stuff going to be available at the park after, or is this a one time deal? Is anyone on here going to this? It sure would be nice to know someone attending...who would have access to that swag....

TT

Personally i think the shirt looks horrible unless it's part of a Pyjamma Set..

T

I like The Haunted Mansion stuff Shag did.

"Opportunity to purchase remaining themed event merchandise in event store"
It would be nice to be this big of an artist one day.
OHhh no, I'm sorry you did not pay enough to be able to come in and spend more.
Thank you anyway have a nice day.

TS

I can't seem to justify paying $185 just to attend the event, based on the available merchandise. Only if I were going to buy an original, would I be OK with $185 cover charge! I'll sit this one out...

UB

If the reception took place inside the Haunted Mansion, I would do it.
But that ain't gonna happen.

M

EasterIslandElvis, whatever merch that isn't sold out at the event is supposed to be available at the park the next day. I just don't know what will be left....I want those postcards!

[ Edited by: MauiRose 2009-03-03 15:08 ]

TS

I've been to similar events and can assure you that 80 percent or better of "Limited Edition" merch will be sold out, especially if it is the smaller Edition sizes. They should have most of the open edition merchandise available, unless the shipments hit a snafu, which isn't out of the question for Disney. what makes this event different, is that after you fill out the RSP form for the cocktail reception, you pay for what you ordered on the form, and all merchandise that wasn't completely bought up on the RSP forms, will be available for purchase is a side store, set up for the event attendees in case they want double or triple of something.

I LOVE the charm bracelet and the aloha shirt. I gotta get my hands on that bracelet.

I was so close to clicking on the form to register for the reception the other day, but I looked at my checking account and I just couldn't bring myself do it! Instead of Haunted Mansion merchandise, I went with ordering a Rongo Bowl over the phone.

P

I thought the shag merchadise for his cocktail party event is much nicer than the 40th anniversary Haunted Mansion event merchadise. The mystery parting gifts are always the best part. I might take my chances to see what they have after the event.

TT

That stuff really brings back alot of memories. I've only been to Disneyland once, when I was 5, and we went in the Haunted Mansion. Scared the pie out of me, as my Grandma used to say. My big sister had the Haunted Mansion record and we played it like mad and drove poor Mom crazy...makes me wish there was a time capsule where we could all go back and see this stuff again, and visit the cool tiki temples in their heyday...instead I just got a glimpse of this stuff from a child's point of view. I guess that's better than being 5 years younger and not seeing it at all cuz it was mostly torn down!

:drink:
Tacky

Here's hoping those who went included folks who will
have a change of heart and decide to (re)sell their SHAG serigraph(s)
on eBay in the not-too-distant future.

Pages: 1 22 replies