Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

cool metal tiki carving

Pages: 1 4 replies

Pretty cool, it looks welded (which makes sense since KustomKid.com is a custom, I mean Kustom, welding shop), as opposed to cast (Kast?), and probably aluminum.

I haven't seen too many metal tikis out there, has anyone else? I find the idea intriguing. It isn't too difficult to melt & cast aluminum, and I could work up a model to cast from pretty easily... Hmmm...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the middle of moving, so I can't work on anything yet, but I'd appreciate any input.

-Fred

I
Ikit posted on Thu, Mar 20, 2003 8:32 PM

I saw a metal Tiki looking thing in the new movei "The hunted". It was towards the end of the movie and it was hung on a tree. It was not this nice though! :wink:

Y'know....I've been having a thought about taking this aluminum canoe in my back yard and...well, with a few cut outs and creative smashing and bending...maybe a light or tiki torch inside....turning it into a tiki...Let me know if it sounds plausible to you guys! Mahalo, Grey

I
Ikit posted on Fri, Mar 21, 2003 9:51 AM

Mark it up first and then take a picture and play with it on the computer. I think you may have a hard time cutting through the hull though.

The head may be a challenge as well.

Pages: 1 4 replies