Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Ding Dong Devils debut - tiki rock band - Buccaneer, Sierra Madre, Dec. 12

Pages: 1 9 replies

C

Catch the debut performance of the Ding Dong Devils, at the Buccaneer in Sierra Madre on Friday December 12th!

The band plays a blend of "Polynesian twist punk" and "asphalt jungle exotica", with just a touch of "luau garage-abilly," for your listening, dancing and drinking pleasure. That includes vocals & instrumentals with a whole lotta raunchy guitar, throbbing bass and jungle drums, a touch of Hawaiian steel, and lyrics relating to tiki/exotica themes (particularly exotic mixed beverages!).

If you dig Jerry Lee Lewis, Arthur Lyman, the Sonics, the Enchanters, Elvis (60's movie-era), Joe Meek, the Continental Cousins and the Cramps, this could be the band for you. If you believe Alfred Apaka and G.G. Allin are--at this moment--slam-dancing together in the realm of the tiki gods, this is definitely the band for you!

2 wahines + 2 kanakas + 4 green fezzes = 1 rockin' good time!

Fez-tivities begin around 9pm!

Long Beach's garage punk titans the Thingz (singing of piranhas, mollusks and other seafood worthy of a Polynesian feast) kick things off with a fury, followed by the Ding Dong Devils debut, leading up to the grand finale—L.A. punk legends the Urinals (whose classic "Ack Ack Ack" could almost be the title of a Thor Heyerdahl expedition).

The Urinals, the Ding Dong Devils, the Thingz
Friday, December 12, 2008, 9pm
The Buccaneer
70 W Sierra Madre Blvd
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
(626) 355-9045
http://www.myspace.com/piratedive

Directions - Freeway close!

• Take the 210 Foothill Freeway east from L.A. (or take the 210 west from the 605 or 57 connectors, or Inland Empire)
  • Get off on Baldwin Avenue offramp and head about a mile north to W. Sierra Madre Blvd.
  • Hang a left on West Sierra Madre Blvd., go about 500 feet and you’re there! (Parking in rear)

There's still a bar that has music in Sierra Madre? I guess that means Snotty Scotty & the Hankies have broken up. :(

C

Its now just one short week away! Rama Lama, Nepheria, Caltiki and Puka von Pele are getting ready to light the tiki torch for the Ding Dong Devils' debut performance at the Buccaneer in Sierra Madre Dec. 12th at 9:30pm! We'd love to see you there!

C

The show is tomorrow...for anyone going to the Hollywood tiki show, we'd love to see you in Sierra Madre afterwards if you can make it (Ding Dong Devils go on around 10:30)!

I'm gonna try to make it

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This sounds good. I like the Buccaneer in Sierra Madre, friendly dive type bar. I'm going to check the show out.

it was a tad rough, but great fun,
and def. very tiki realated subject matter in the song lyrics.
will def. see again.

Thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

C

Thanks so much to everyone who came on Friday! We had a blast!

I got there a bit late and missed the band. I saw some fez wearing folks, I wish I had said hello. Anyway, I enjoyed hanging out a the bar and the Urinals.

I wanted to hang around for the Urinals, but after a long hard day at work, then a crazy drive to Hollywood to see the art show, then over to Sierra Madre I was wiped out, and needed to get home to sleep.

Pages: 1 9 replies