Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

the bottlecap man revisited tiki style!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies

..something i have been exploring recently is the reinvention of one of my favorite pop culture icons -the folk art bottlecap man. I have been working on some new updated versions of this classic, both in the form of tiki men (seen below) and bottlecap robot men (which will are made to mimic old tin robot toys....)

I have posted this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/awesome-tiki-bottlecap-man-folk-art-low-brow-art_W0QQitemZ290279109156QQihZ019QQcategoryZ35713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

..and will be unleashing more after the first of the year.......I hope to have a couple at this years chin tiki art show in detroit.....they are similiar to their vintage predecessors in terms of style and materials used however i felt that they could be built stronger and better and with a variation in theme as opposed to the "calypso man" styling.......anyway, enjoy.....and i hope to post more images of the others soon!!

..and shown here as a straw and matchbook caddy...

You crafty little devil! I can just hear it now "Dear, I HAVE to drink these 40 beers, it's for my art!" Now I know where the name Tipsy comes from :lol:

Drinking beer could be performance art......

thanks!!

Pages: 1 3 replies