Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tiki for the New Year?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Having recently moved back home from the tiki mecca that is southern California...I find myself missing the fine tiki establishments and wonderful tiki people who inhabit said tiki establishments. Ah, Bahooka, how I miss thee...

So...

Tiki in New england it is (few and far between as it may be)!

Just wanted to throw the idea of meeting at Kowloons for new years out there, to all other New England tiki lovers?
I know Kowloons has their own thing going on, but I say we take over one of the downstairs rooms if possible. The boat, perhaps?

No details yet. Just an idea, from one tiki lover, to the rest.

There's no better way to celebrate, then with some new friends and a few bottles of rum :drink:

Sounds interesting and I may be up for it. I'll stay tuned.

In addition to the $65/pp New Years Eve event in the second floor Luau room, Kowloon has an orchestra playing on the ship in the Volcano Bay room so that room is definitely out.

B

Hey Rum monkey! Welcome back to the chilly Northeast!

Unfortunately, I've already got New Years plans, but keep your eyes open here on the Other Events page for NE events we're arranging.

We may not have Forbidden Island, but we're not exactly tiki-free either!

The NETT is in September...up at the Lake George Tiki Resort this year.

We've got a May dinner & hotel hang in the works (out in Western mass) and we're working on something big for the winter months as well.

We usually try to get together at least once a month at a different tiki joint (and we're lucky enough to have 7 or 8 of em to choose from....although they range from Lee to the Cape) or home bar.

I dont know if we'll be doing anything for December (Holidays make scheduling difficult), but as soon as we figure something out, c'mon out & join us!!

M

Mass is a tiki-mecca compared to Pennsylvania, be glad you're within distance of Kowloon!

R

Hmmm...

Well, like I said, nothing concrete as of yet. Just a thought.

Thanks for the welcome back!
I know we're not completely lacking in tiki here...just a little harder to find.

I may have read it wrong, but I believe the ship room actually is taking reservations. It you just have to have a group of 8 or more. I might be wrong though.

If there's enough people wanting to trek out that way, maybe we can work something out.

And, I would LOVE to see more tiki events happening out this way!

Pages: 1 5 replies