Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Florida Ohana Roll Call

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

2008 is almost at an end. As some might recall, I am planning to move back to Florida in March 2009. You might have seen my Road Trip post, which I plan to update in the near future with my planned stops. Specifically, I am moving to Brevard county, in the Satellite Beach area (between Melbourne and the Kennedy Space Center). I know there are a few Florida Ohana here, and I've even met AlohaStation at TO8. I've really enjoyed my short time hanging with all the great people in the Los Angeles area, and attending the various events here like the art shows and hosted chops. I've met a lot of great people!

I'm hoping that the Floridians can post here, with the cities they live in. Once I get settled in I'd love to host a chop or art day, but have a feeling TC members in Florida are not living in concentrated locations as they are here in the Los Angeles area. From my memories of Florida it seemed like you had to drive an hour or three to get "anywhere".

On 2008-12-01 07:52, TikiMango wrote:
From my memories of Florida it seemed like you had to drive an hour or three to get "anywhere".

Depends on which way you go..... you can get accross the state in a few hours, but to go north and get out, that takes a while.

And, to answer your Roll-Call:

Chip and Andy from Hollywood reporting for bartending duty.

P
pablus posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 6:15 AM

yo

i've heard that there's some kookids in largo...

just kiddin' :D

The "Old Phart" reporting......for . . . . um . . . ahhh . . . what was the question?

Mango, it was great meeting you at Oasis - maybe you can help remind me who you were. A day and a half in San Diego and I met 500 people while in a drunken stuppor - faces and names are bit blurry (did I meet you and Freddie together?). Let us know when you get settled and maybe we can arrange a day of carving at an in-between location. You will definately need to come spend an evening at the Mai Kai!! I live in Deerfield Beach - just North of FTL.

Mango, it was great meeting you at Oasis - maybe you can help remind me who you were.

I was the rum-happy dude wearing the aloha shirt. :lol:

Actually, we were chatting outside Kirby's room the night that he was hosting the Room Crawl. The crowds had pretty much moved on to other rooms, and there was a small group of us hanging out for about 20mins. We were just talking about FL and tikis. No worries though, I met plenty that I can't remember too.

B

TikiMango,

I have lived up in the "Bay Area" and here in Fla., It's gonna be a different world no doubt. We Florida Ohana are pretty damn hospitable and an easy bunch to hang with. It is not unknown for us to drive several hours to get the job done. I drive three hours to the Mai-Kai almost monthly at this point, matter of fact I am going down this Thursday. You just learn to plan it out and make it a weekend or overnight thing. Look forward to having more Tcers in the swamp. Sorry bout' the Rednecks.

P
Pyro posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 10:19 PM

I live in Orlando, FL when I'm not working. I would love to meet other tiki-addicts at some point.

Liz from Miami. While Miami itself is bereft of tiki, it has a few spots that would be grand if there were tikis on them. :)

When you gonna get your butt back down here, brah?

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to get down to the Mai Kai, my disposable income isn't so disposable any longer. I do need a Rum Barrel or three.

M
Mambo posted on Wed, May 20, 2009 5:40 PM

Checkin in.....
Looking forward to my 1st Hukilau!

Wow, I really gotta look outside the carving threads more often!

Tyler, Neptune Beach, Let's chop.

V

Aloha from Vero Beach--always willing to host TC'ers here in our little paradise. My man also carves, would love to hang with other carvers and Tikiphiles!!

Pages: 1 14 replies