Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

what bummed you out today?

Pages: 1 15 replies

seeing this:

Last call.

Couldn't make it to the Tonga Hut.

4 huge flat Screens blaring the Football game, while trying to relax and eat/drink at the Royal Hawaiian.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

It's always a kind of culture clash. Us tiki people VS the locals who give two craps about tiki but love their football and want everything to be a sports bar.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2008-12-08 12:42 ]

W

I feel for crap about the math final. The good news is my general performance was decent through the term so I'm hoping what left a middle C taste in my mouth today will mix out into what would be a low B. However, given my mood right now if I see a low B I might just step on it. Shouldn't Bs all be asleep or dead by this time of year anyway?

Compounding this bummer I am riding on: Pandora ain't turnin' out to be as nearly cool as I thought it was on my first encounter. Most of the songs it has picked for me this round I have hated. I wish instead of just the thumbs down button Pandora had a "Give This Song The Finger!" button. I guess the internet radio can't be the Little Ones or Snow Machine all the time. If it wasn't for crap like ______ or _____ ***** we wouldn't know what good music was.

But speaking of more bad news and music: Somewhere last year one of my Christmas Cocktails CDs went missing, damn it. Also last year I apparently left my Lushy Xmas album (Snowflake Surprise...Quite sweet and too damned short)in my sisters Ford Focus which is now with here and my brother-in-law and my almost here brand new nephew down in Ridgefield.

Speaking of bad news and Xmas: Albertson's egg nog ain't so great. But that was yesterday's bummer.

I love this thread! (Wait, that's the wrong post for here.)

***** I'd name band names but I don't wanna make anyone cry.

L

Well I got laid off.

BUMMMMMMMER

On a positive note I am a total "Things happen for a reason" type person anyways so I am not super worried. I also , thankfully, got severance and approved for unemployment so at least my bills will be ok.

Still it does suck. Is 2008 over yet???? I am so ready for a new year already

B

I took the day off to go stone crab diving with a friend. I have not been diving in two years, I cant fit in my wet suit anymore so could not...well, breathe my suit was so tight, even though we had Nitrous. Not sure why we were using Nitrous tanks on a 20 foot dive, I was using provided tanks. I was bobbing like a cork unable to achieve neutral buoyancy despite picking up all the rocks my BC could hold. Visibility was about two feet with a strong current in a congested boating area. That, on top of being out of shape, led to me having to "Suck out". So....I got drunk. Not a total loss, I made the right decision, but it bummed me out!

I prefer WARM open water dives with unlimited visibility and a guide. So I'm spoiled. So what.

On 2008-12-08 09:28, bigtikidude wrote:
4 huge flat Screens blaring the Football game, while trying to relax and eat/drink at the Royal Hawaiian.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AT LEAST THE MONITORS AT.....

FRANKIES TIKI ROOM

IN

LAS VEGAS ( PICTURE ON FIRST POST)

SHOW

CRAZY AL AND APE

AND PAST OASIS

AND FREAKY TIKI SHIT!!!!!!

WHAT BUMS ME OUT IS ALL THE COMPLAINERS.

IF YOU WANT A BAR WITHOUT TV'S....

...THEN OPEN YOUR OWN GOD DAM BAR!!!!!!

(WITHOUT TV'S)

IT'S SIMPLE!

On 2008-12-09 20:24, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2008-12-08 09:28, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

AT LEAST THE MONITORS AT.....

FRANKIES TIKI ROOM

IN

LAS VEGAS ( PICTURE ON FIRST POST)

SHOW

CRAZY AL AND APE

AND PAST OASIS

AND FREAKY TIKI SHIT!!!!!!

WHAT BUMS ME OUT IS ALL THE COMPLAINERS.

IF YOU WANT A BAR WITHOUT TV'S....

...THEN OPEN YOUR OWN GOD DAM BAR!!!!!!

(WITHOUT TV'S)

IT'S SIMPLE!

Yo Grumpy, get some rest.

Bah ha ha ha ha.
hey I got no problem if people want to sell out,
and make a tiki bar for "High Rollers"
just say that's what yer doing.

High rollers,in Frankie's
puhleeeez.
ha ha.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

O

Waking up to this e mail. But then I wrote the reply so I really should be posting this in what made you happy today. How about what made you experience the thrill of victory after the agony of defeat?

On 2008-12-12 15:20, Ojaitimo wrote:

We recieved this message today at TNA headquarters

To the TNA,

Dear Assholes,

Instead of going after nice people like Tiki Bar TV, why don't you do something about Sam's Seafood Tiki's? Better yet, raid Las Vegas Trader Vic's and shut them down. We understand you also investigate Mai Tai's? WHAT A JOKE Bet you use OJ and grenadine in your version don't you. Who made you the oracle of drink knowledge anyway.

Anonymous

End quote]

Dear Anonymous,

Assholes are like excuses which is what you are for a human being.
Our Mai Tai is the Grog Log version.
1.5 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz aged Rhum Clement (Not B rum)
1 oz Goslings Black seal
1/2 oz Marie Brizzard curacao
1/4 oz orgeat syrup
1/4 oz rock candy syrup
serve with crushed ice and spent lime shell and garnish with mint

In your case use double the rum, you need it.

Now STFU very much
Agent West
(Tiki Bar TV! Sorry you have to hear this. Correction : Sorry you have to read this!

I got an email from someone on flickr wanting permission to use one of my images for a story:

Hi there,

We at ********* are working on coverage of the top 10 worst fashion trends of 2008, and we are putting together a collection of photos. We came across your amazing photo on Flickr and it would be a great addition to our story. We would very much appreciate its use, with proper credit to you of course.

If you would like to contribute it to us, please click on the link below. Feel free to place the appropriate credit in the comments field of the story after you have approved the request. If you run into any problems, feel free to contact me at @***.com.

Sincerely,

The image they wanted to use was a photo of a purse I made myself to sell in my etsy store! Now that's what I call a back-handed compliment!

I got a check from King County for my one day of being in the jury pool last month...Ten bucks! Bastards...That pushes me into a higher tax bracket!!!

No more Jonesy's Jukebox.

http://www.indie1031.fm/index.php

and no more Indie 103.1 on the radio,
I listen to it while driving around during the day working.

seems the play list will get better,
but you gotta be online to hear it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 15 replies