Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

CANCELLED! : Lushy X-Mas Show, Dec. 20th, Seattle, at The Orient Express

Pages: 1 4 replies

Continuing it's four year tradition, Lushy will be performing a Christmas show at the Seattle landmark, Andy's Diner, on the evening of December 20th (a Saturday) in the SODO district. However this year, though the location of the historic rail-car diner in Seattle is the same, the business name, some exterior and interior physical aesthetics, and the cuisine have changed: Andy's Diner is now The Orient Express.

Lushy will be performing in an unearthed upstairs section called the BOOM BOOM ROOM, which will be equipped with a mini-bar and bartender.

A DJ will be keeping the action going in the main bar.

The Orient Express has agreed to keep the kitchen open 'til midnight, serving Chinese and Thai dishes.

And also keeping with tradition, this show is FREE! Lushy's Christmas gift to you! Two sets are guaranteed, but there's chat about possibly three. And yes, some Christmas songs will be performed -- 'Baby It's Cold Outside', 'Snowflake Surprise', 'Heat Miser', etc.

Lushy. Cocktails. Rail-Cars. Chinese and Thai food. What's not to love?

Lushy X-Mas Show!
Dec. 20th
The Orient Express
2963 4th Ave. South
Seattle, WA

http://lushy.com/
http://menu.oe-restaurant.com/

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-12-09 10:25 ]

[ Edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2008-12-19 19:03 ]

To get you in the spirit of the Holiday Season, here's a little Lushy action from last Christmas at Hula Hula. The song is a Lushy original -- 'Snowflake Surprise', a studio version of which is available on the CD of the same name. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-X3GUgoWs

This will most certainly be great fun. I had the good fortune of seeing Lushy in the very recent past and they were fantastic! Very talented and incredibly nice people. Wish I could make it out, but I need to stay home (Midwest) for the holidays. Have a great time in the Boom Boom Room!

W

I lucked out last December when friends and I picked Andy's for dinner and discovered Lushy would be playing that night. The band was squeezed into one end of one of the bar cars. Very cool. And as it turned out: My last meal at Andy's. They closed down a couple weeks later.

The food at the new incarnation is fine. They did some super dumbass additions in an attempt to make it look like a fancy restaurant and not a restaurant built of trains. Makes me sad, but at least it's still with us for a while.

This show should be great. The CD Snowflake Surprise has a unique and different Xmas record sound to it. A good addition to your holiday collection of anyone sick of the same things over and over.

We were all looking forward to this gig, and have been working hard to put things together, but due to impending harsh weather that is forecast to hit tomorrow night (like Seattle hasn't had enough already!), Lushy is cancelling the gig at The Orient Express.

Pages: 1 4 replies