Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Having a baby girl today !!!

Pages: 1 8 replies

AT

Aloha all,
my wife is going in for a scheduled ceaserarian(sp?) delivery today December 8,2008.
It's been a long and rocky pregnancy due to a couple of risk factors.
But today it is time for a new girl in my life.

Can any of you help me with a small favor.
I would like to get some newspapers or publications with todays date on it from all around, so that when my little is old enough we can look through them and see what happened the day she was born.

I'll be offline for a few days - at the hospital.
But PM me if you want to help in this,
Mahalos

TK

Good luck today and congratulations tommorow!

Congratulations, enjoy the new life in your family.

WooHooo! Congratulations on your New Bundle of Joy :) Make sure to post a picture of your New Little Wahine.

B

Congrats dude!

I will spare you all the "ADVICE". Except one.... Keep a notepad. When "They' come around and give advice, and "They" will, pull out your notepad, flip the pages and say..."yeah got that one already", Cuz that irritated the snot out of me after the first week of un-solicited advice.

You get way more love from the girls and she will melt ya!

o.k. I cannot resist at least one more piece of advice.

Happy days and good luck!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-12-09 15:27 ]

Congrats!
What a Blessing after a rough PG!
(If you think kids are great, wait till the Grandkids!)

AT

Aloha Tiki Family,
OK made it home safely. Everybody is in great health - her actually Birthday is 12/9/2008 - the hospital we were scheduled at turned us away after going through the entire registry process.

Wait.
What just happened?
What did they just say? But this was scheduled due to HIGH RISK !!!
WOW - now there is added stress to the situation - just what was needed.
Even though prolonging the delivery was further increasing the risks they couldn't tell us when it could be re-scheduled for.

Not a time - Not even what day!? Just left us standing there in the hallway.

So immediately we head to the wife's regular DR at the Womens Health Center, who by the way, had not even received a phone call from anyone at the birthing center, which is in the same Hospital!!!

The DR never knew what hit him, next thing he knows there is a very freaked out patient crying in his office
My wife asked me stay outside and call the family members who were in route to the delivery and let them know to stay home.
Her real reason for this being an effort at keeping me from telling the staff how I felt about their failure at being health care providers, which would only further add stress to her situation, so I did what any reasonable person in this type of situation would do.
I complied with my wife's request.
She deserved to have me on her side in strength against the increasingly stacked odds.

Honestly - it was VERY difficult to just shut up and walk away knowing that the health of both her and my child were being jeopardized by this facilities ineffectiveness.

Within 5 minutes my wife comes out and tells me to come inside with her.
Uh-OK-Yes dear.
Apparently the DR is fuming about the entire situation. Just more of the same BS around there.
He makes a couple calls tells us to get on a plane and fly to Oahu where one of his former students works at a hospital that does almost 600 births a month.
One more - NO PROBLEM - send them over.

ROAD TRIP !!! Didn't expect this, OK get the bags - hit the door, plane flight & a cab ride, register and admittance process, let the testing & monitoring begin.

So the birth is delayed for a day, all goes well. The kid comes out screaming, my wife is the most relaxed she has been in the passing of many moons.
I'm in the nursery with a beautiful baby daughter opening her eyes and looking at me while all the nurses oooh and ahhh about how cute and perfect she is.

YEP that's right !! That's MY kid.

What a relief. HUGE sigh
Born 3 weeks early - tipping the scales at 5.25 pounds, with a shrill little scream that announces her presence.
So now the learning to live together part begins, baby needs LOTS of tending to.
Mommy needs tending to, but she is getting stronger every day.
Daddy gets to nap - sometimes.

But I'm very happy that everyone is healthy.

So - That is my little blog cabin entry, gotta go now - I hear a distinct cry calling out for my attentions.
Not that I don't love you all.
I just LOVE her more.
Aloha for now

AT

And now a peek at Lili the Kid ...

I am already wrapped around this girls little finger.

Congrats on your beautiful baby daughter.
In that pic she seems to smile, knowing her father will never be able to say no to that cute face ever.
I wish u all a happy and loving family life.

Pages: 1 8 replies