Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sydney Australia - New Venue !!! Lava Rooms

Pages: 1 19 replies

BP

Lava Rooms has been doing 'portable' tiki lounges for the last few years, setting up elaborate and huge lounges, bars, installations, venues and wot not at festivals and events.
Now Lava Rooms has set up shop with a venue and gallery at a permanent location on cnr of Wattle St. and Broadway.
for a load of pics of the place and some info check out http://www.myspace.com/lava_rooms

[ Edited by: brian p 2008-12-08 18:05 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 6:19 PM

Drooooooooool :D

Looks great!

L
Liana posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2008 7:42 PM

Sweeeeeet!

So is the bar open to the public or invite only?

Well if one good thing came out of the closing of the MEKanarky studios was that Sydney gets a tiki bar, then its all good.

S

... way hay! Looks good. Us NSW TC'ers should get down for a night out!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2008 7:08 PM

Li, I think the bar is only open for special events, its not open all the time.

On 2008-12-09 17:30, sasquatch wrote:
... way hay! Looks good. Us NSW TC'ers should get down for a night out!

Tiki theme burlesque night this Saturday!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30653&forum=4&0

.... we'll need to keep our eyes peeled in the new year and get ourselves on the guest list early!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Dec 13, 2008 7:02 PM

Had a great night last night :D The lava rooms is well worth checking out for any Sydney based tiki-philes. The cute burlesque girls certainly dont hurt!

Will have to hit it up when I am in Sydney in Feb, let's plan a get together!

Fantastic place. Enjoy.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 22, 2008 4:51 AM

Works for Hewey :D

... nice work Hewey! How were the drinks?

C

Anything going on in late April?, as I'll be in the "neighborhood" & it would be great to check it out!

Anything going on Saturday the 17th?

KT

I believe the venue is inactive till at least the middle of next year, based on the last mail out I recieved. Brian would be the best person to check with though.

KT

I believe the venue is inactive till at least the middle of next year, based on the last mail out I recieved. Brian would be the best person to check with though.

KT

It now appears they're staying open... The latest mail out is advertising a "day of the dead" party on October 30, and theynow have a website... http://www.lavarooms.com.au

Excellent news indeed

BP
BP

in reply to previous messages ....
we had closed up shop in terms of us doing events.
the place is still available to book and hire for private parties, events, functions and such.
we will be working in europe in new year and opening new digs here mid next year.
the oct 30 event is an event we are throwing with friends to mark a festival we are very fond of and couldnt say no - dia de los muertos.

H
harro posted on Tue, Oct 20, 2009 1:01 PM

good to see some tiki in Sydney, if there's any events happening when i'm back in Dec please post.

also, since i'm now residing in London - whats the european plans??

Pages: 1 19 replies