Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tahitian inspired hand carved tiki drum

Pages: 1 2 replies

I'm offering this drum that I carved for sale here on TC. I was inspired by the type of drums shown on this thread, as well as one I picked up at the swap meet last year.

It's a great looking and very playable drum. It maintains a consistent tone throughout the outer edge and gives a really low sound from the center. I had an experienced conga player come over a few days ago to try it out and we both concurred that it sounds great and is a fully playable drum. In fact, told me a couple days later that he couldn't stop thinking about it and ordered a custom larger and darker one for himself.

If you are an experienced or serious drummer, I can call you and give you all the particulars about the tuning and playabilty and construction of it over the phone.
Otherwise, it would make a great end table and can support a reasonable amount of weight without damaging the head.

I'm selling this beauty for $375.

It weighs 25 pounds aand I can have it ready to ship within a couple hours. Or if you live in the greater southern CA area, I can deliver to save on shipping charges. Cash, check, visa, MC, discover, money order, or paypal ONLY!

Here it is:

It stands 23 inches tall. Diameter is just under 13 inches. Carved from a Mexican Fan Palm. Stained and then finished with Tung oil.

Leg tiki detail. All three lages are like this

little face on the base. There are three of these.

Drum part

Drum pattern details. Each pattern is repeated twice.

Thick cow rawhide head

legs

It has a hole all the way through for sonic purposes

If you want it for yourself and spent too much on others for the holidays, ask about my special layaway program.

PM me any question or if you are interested in purchasing this.
Buzzy Out!

G

Wonderful! Really glad to see someone taking on a project like this. I have a soft spot for these drums. I do hope someone will step up and take it home.

On 2008-12-12 15:03, GatorRob wrote:
Wonderful!I do hope someone will step up and take it home.

Thanks GatorRob! Me too!

Still available...

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 2 replies