Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis Christmas Album: Luau In December

Pages: 1 25 replies

King Kukulele & The Friki Tikis Luau In December available through Paypal now!!

This third CD from the wildest Tiki band in the world blends comic novelty pop rock with the traditional Hawaiian sounds from the 40's 50's and 60's and includes the lush sounds of vibraphone, ukulele, and lap steel guitar to help celebrate the holidays.

Luau In December is the CD that King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis want you and your friends to enjoy this holiday season. The record contains seven holiday originals and seven obscure holiday covers. Featured as guests on Luau In December are 100 year old Bill "Tappy" Tapia singing and playing ukulele, Hawaiian singer Joe Moe whose solo CD "Mainland" is currently in release, Ms. Laura Thatcher direct from the stages of Disneyland USA, Ali Lexa of the “Ukulele Spotlight” show on KPFK radio in Los Angeles, and the Elf-ettes singing the theme song to the film "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". Songs include "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch","Santa's Menehune","Reindeer Holiday", and "Christmas Luau"! Featuring cover art by SHAG!

To sample songs go to:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kingkukulele

Also available are 2 previous releases: "The London Luau Presents: King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis Live At Trader Vic's" and the self-titled debut CD "King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis". For more info go to http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30693&forum=12&0

Order “Luau In December” by credit card at http://www.Paypal.com
And send payment to: [email protected]

It's not too late to order:
“WOW!!! That's some amazingly blazing fast turnaround. Fantastic!”
Rupe

Any paid customers who request MP3s of the album will receive MP3s while the disc is in transit!!!

Each CD is only $15, with all shipping and handling charges included. * No extra fees! All CDs will be shipped within 24 hours of payment!!

SPECIAL HOLIDAY DISCOUNT!!

Buy all three King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis releases for $40! You save $11 ! All shipping and handling charges included! *

• Listed rates are for shipping inside the USA only.
    For all questions regarding shipping outside the USA email questions to:
    [email protected]

[ Edited by: King Kukulele 2008-12-11 18:08 ]

[ Edited by: King Kukulele 2008-12-19 14:15 ]

A

This is some damn fine X-mas music. And that Laura Thatcher, aside from being a talented entertainer. is also the hottest chick in Fullerton. Run out and buy ths CD, before they sellout
Mahalo,
Al

O
Otto posted on Fri, Dec 12, 2008 12:20 AM

Heck, ANY CD by the King is a reason to rejoice, but a Christmas CD!?!?!?
I haven't even heard it yet and I am already excited!

the samplers are awesome, just not enough.

hope I can get mine in time...

P

Hail to the King!

B

The King's new CD is a real cornucopia of styles... a Hawaiian Christmas revue, if you will. Besides the beachboy numbers and the stripped down exotica/comedy numbers that we come to expect from King Kukulele, there are songs on the disc that stretch beyond his tried and true style.

I'm thinking about the "Play that Ukulele" song, which is a really great '60s bubblegum/go-go number, the showtune-esque "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch," plus one song that sounds like a Sufjan Stevens or Eels Christmas number... very indie-folk... and even one that is solid spaghetti-western, with surf guitar. I've only listened to it once in the day I've had the disc, but it's a great one to have. There are also plenty of insider lyrics that express the tiki-scene zeigiest, much like Shag's paintings do. Hail to the King!

Sorry about all of the previous typos in this post... I had to jump back on and edit what I wrote.

[ Edited by: BC-Da-Da 2008-12-19 16:34 ]

[ Edited by: BC-Da-Da 2008-12-19 16:35 ]

Sounds great King!
Wish you had downloads.

Are you playing Disneyland this year?
My nephew had a great time last year.

sorry I missed your performance last Sat.
you got any other gigs coming up?

would like to get this cd in person.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I just picked up the new CD from the King....WOW!!!! This is a MUST have for any and all who enjoy fun & entertaining music. King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis are in top form!!!

There is something for everyone and for all ages!
Bill Tapia does "Tappy Claus"...Incredible!!!
The King takes "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" to new heights!!!

Check out the review: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2008/12/adventures-in-3.html

One thing for sure, it'll be playing at my tiki shack throughout the holidays and BEYOND!!!

Hold it! D.J. Bonebreak on Vibes & Marimba?!?! And that sounds like a rockin' cover of "Hooray for Santa Claus;" it makes me want to break out my copy of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians a week early..

WoooHooo!!! This is a "Must Have" CD for The Holiday Season :)

CJ

Any chance for some of these cd's making their way to tiki ti tonight?

WOW ! Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I’m so happy you are enjoying “Luau In December”. The Friki Tikis wish you a Merry Christmas!

Coco Joe I didn’t get your post until too late, sorry about that. I wasn’t able to make it to the Tiki Ti Wednesday…I thought they were closed for Christmas (hey that’s a great album title: “Closed For Christmas”)

Yes Unga Bunga I’ll be performing at Disneyland…I’ve already seen Al-ii and Soccer Tiki and I hope more visitors make out that way.

Anyone in the Long Beach/OC area wants to get their hands on the King's CD...he's been kind enough to let me carry a few with me in case someone is looking for some last minute holiday tunes (or just good music!)

It is worth much more than the measly $12 the King is asking! (but don't tell him that or he might raise the price!) :P

PM or call me (my number's in the back of Tiki Magazine) and we'll hook-up today or tomorrow.

I got mine, it's great. Some true, new classics on that CD.

I especially dig that the King recorded a tune with Bill Tapia for this album. That must hold the record for oldest musician ever recorded (on uke, at least!). Must have been a kick for Bill to be recorded again. He really sounds like Santa (though he is not, I know!) :)

S

"Oh we're going to a luau
To a luau, to a luau
Where we'll dance the hula-hula
On a beach beneath the stars,
And there'll be a lot of singing
For the singing boys are bringing
All their tricky ukuleles
And their sobbing steel guitars."

Don Blanding:1928

it's almost time for some ukulele holiday music ......and this is the stuff

hey King, are these cds still available?

Jeff(btd)

I believe they are on Amazon, and also downloadable on Itunes.

Just bought mine on Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon stuff gang,
but I like to buy my cds direct from bands/musicians, so they get all the profits, and being that he is in So. Cal. I usually see him a few times a year.

Jeff(btd)

RB

You can also go the CD Baby route...an independent music seller based here in Portland: http://www.cdbaby.com/Search/S2luZyBLdWt1bGVsZQ%3d%3d/0

Jeff his website, http://www.kingkukulele.com, says to email him directly if you want to order a CD. Also he is a part of this forum, but not sure how often he visits.

Bump

S

It is only weeks away from Christmas, so this is a HO-HO-HO BUMP

I just wanted to say that I bought the album off itunes a few weeks ago and I haven't stopped listening to it since. I had a Christmas Luau last night, and it was a very appropriate soundtrack. Thanks for such a wonderfully new Christmas album!

Pages: 1 25 replies