Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Learning To Play Guitar

Pages: 1 5 replies

For a beginner,the art of learning guitar demands much of self-confidence so as to take up challenges.It is preferable to begin by learning how to fret and strum efficiently. Some beginners will feel some discomfort in their fingers when they start to pluck the strings. The only way round this is to continue playing; eventually you will notice that your fingers will become stronger as time passes. As you continue to play, you will become more confident, to which you may want to learn how to play your favorite songs. Most people learn by knowing how to play other tunes and become accustomed to the techniques by playing them.

uh, huh...........
what?

W

Every now and then a brand spankin' new member really inspires me with their excitement and can-do attitude. Gary, you are exactly that sort of member!

Well...thanks! I actually bought a guitar last year. It's somewhere around here.
I really appreciate the post though and think I might run right on over to http://www.totallyguitars.com and buy a dozen to hand out to friends.

By the way.....

Have you ever tried Macrame
("MAH kruh may") is the art/craft of tying cordage into knots in such a way that they form a useful or decorative shape. This was a very popular craft in the 1970s in the USA that is now being revived in the form of "jute jewelry" and knotted purses.

Ya spammin Ba$@#**!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-12-12 16:22 ]

On 2008-12-12 03:07, garryhill wrote:
For a beginner,the art of learning guitar demands much of self-confidence so as to take up challenges.It is preferable to begin by learning how to fret and strum efficiently. Some beginners will feel some discomfort in their fingers when they start to pluck the strings. The only way round this is to continue playing; eventually you will notice that your fingers will become stronger as time passes. As you continue to play, you will become more confident, to which you may want to learn how to play your favorite songs. Most people learn by knowing how to play other tunes and become accustomed to the techniques by playing them.

This kinda sounds like a theory I tried to convince an ex-girlfriend to try...

"it will feel more comfortable the more you practice how to do it"
"you're a beginner, I know it's a challenge, but stick with it and it you will like it"
"I can see your techique improving; practice, pratice, pratice"
"don't fret, your fingers will become stronger as time passes"
"as you continue to play, you become more confident"

She was not and never has been a guitar player.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I miss that girl)!

Pages: 1 5 replies