Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

trader vics chicago new years day retox!!

Pages: 1 11 replies

..nuttin better than a post new years get together at the chicago trader vics to really start the year out right!!

..i'm trying to get a show of hands to see who might be interested to go to trader vics for dinner new years day....now, before everyone starts screaming "trader vics is closed on new years day"...let me say, that we were informed that if there was enough interest and enough folks coming out they would consider being open...i have yet to call the manager back to hash out the details and logistics of this even happening, so i would like to get a rough count of those of you that think this would be something you want to do new years day....

from the folks coming out to chef shangri-la new years eve i figure we would have at least 15-20 people that would stick around to go to the traders the following day....so who else that is not going to the chef the night before but would consider going to the traders new years day??

..also, we plan on heading up to the "big"c" jamboree" at martyrs bar right after the traders for some live rockabilly music (free) at chicago's first thursday of each month happening event...if anyone is interested in that....(google big c jamboree for more info on that event)

T

I was going to go to Big C anyway - count me in for the Trader as well.

'
..looks like it's just you and me, tiki bars!!!! haha!!.....apparently, judging from the lame response in a lack of a show of hands here, it seems tiki central's dislike of me overides their love of tiki!!! ..now that's power!!!..hahaaaa!!!!!......maybe if i had a tiki mug to sell i'd get a better turn-out.....

..we should have enough folks coming out to t.v. anyway......those of you that want to join us, you can remain anonymous...just check this post for the final confirmation of what time this will take place and then maybe we'll see ya down there.... stay tuned.....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-12-20 07:14 ]

Numatiki and I will be there. I can't actually confirm this with him as he is sleeping off our Friday night at Tiki Ti, but we're in.

I was too busy shoveling snow to look at the internet yesterday...

Count in two for Trader Vic's since we were planning on it anyhow before I found out they were originally closed.

Can't do both Chef and Vic's as that requires a hotel and a hotel means more $ that could be going to more Mai Tais. :wink:

If they do open, we'll be there with bells on, still ringing in the New Year after the previous night's party with Go Tsunami at the Chef!!!!!! We'll have a bunch of other folks with us as well.
Happy Holidaze!

On 2008-12-20 07:30, albino tiki wrote:
Numatiki and I will be there. I can't actually confirm this with him as he is sleeping off our Friday night at Tiki Ti, but we're in.

We are sssoooooo jealous! Although it's no "Ray's Mistake", we'll hoist a Mai Tai for you guys at the Chef tonite. Have fun out there.

C

OK.....so what's the latest word....?

I've got 4 from Racine/Kenosha wanting to make the New Year's trek downtown if Vic's is open.......keeping the fingers crossed......

..bad news......spoke with the manager again and they have decided as a company not to open new years day......they are open new years eve, and then reopen on jan 2nd , regular hours......

kind of a bummer, but whatcha gonna do???......it was worth a shot...sorry to be posting this so late but it was a late turn of events....

C

Thanks for following-up, Tipsy!
We'll have to get a group together in January to go....

M

This sounds great! Do we have to confirm with the resteraunbt? I have a ton of people I want to invite!

Pages: 1 11 replies