Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikitastic & the Rum Runner Tiki Road Trippin' to LA & Vegas - Friday (12/26) - Monday (12/29)

Pages: 1 3 replies

Tikitastic and the Rum Runner will be hitting the road Friday through Monday to visit tiki locations in LA and Las Vegas, drop by and join us for a drink or two! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Friday Evening
Tonga Hut
Tiki Ti (if they are open...the Tiki Ti web calendar says they are open)

Saturday Evening
Trader Vic's Las Vegas (not sure if it is still open)
Frankie's Tiki Room

Sunday Evening
Dinner & Drinks @ the Luau in Beverly Hills

Mark,
if the Ti is open I will be there.
I am going to see the Black Widows at Taix, the French Place that King Kuk used to do his monthly shows at.
but that doesn't start til 10 ish.
So if Ti is open I will be there from 6 ish to 9:45 ish

Happy Holi-daze man,
drive safe.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Friday 12/26/2008 4:53 PM I met up with Tikitastic (Mark) and Rum Runner (Paul) at Tiki-Ti. I had a Sonakura and a Chief Lapu Lapu both good. I think they each had 4 drinks! Then we were off to the Tonga Hut. We all had The Voodoo Juice, Mark and Paul bought the last of Kirby’s 40th Anniversary pendants. Back to Tiki-Ti, luckily it was the day after Christmas and there was no traffic. Say “Hello” to Big Tiki Dude I had a Caribbean Limbo. Next stop is the Hungry Cat. I’ve been there before and it’s really good but it was on some Edgy Cocktail list that Paul had so off we went. I had a really good Dark and Stormy and the Pug Burger, which after I removed the Onions was probably the Greatest hamburger of all time!
Paul had a drink that was supposed to taste like a Tamale. He’s Edgy! Dinner was over and it was still early so why not drive the 7 miles into Beverly Hills and go to the Trader Vic’s Lounge? Sounds good. I order a Chai’s Beverly Starburst - the signature drink of Chai the manager it's Delicious. Somehow it is now 12:30 AM Goodnight.

Those guys were off to Las Vegas today and I skipped that part, 40° in Los Angeles means 30° in Las Vegas. Yikes!!

I totally ripped off the collage format of this post from Midnite Tiki. He does it better.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-12-27 19:41 ]

Mark, and Paul,
good to see ya Fri nite.
and hope to see you in Feb. for the Hotel Utah 100th anniversary show,
Sun Feb 15th.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 3 replies