Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

southern california slack-key guitar festival in redondo beach january 18th 2pm

Pages: 1 17 replies

P

Here's the info on what sounds like a bunch of fun. the festivities start at 11am also features hula dancers
hawaiian food and arts and crafts.

http://events.dailybreeze.com/redondo-beach-ca/events/show/85278794-southern-california-slack-key-festival-an-allstar-hawaiian-music-dance-concert-event

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1251198/

By the way - we're coming down from seattle to attend this event and we'd love to get a chance the night before
to have drinks, dinner and drinks, with some of the local tiki central-ites in LA, the land of our birth.

We were thinking the new luau in beverly hills, or someplace else, we're open to possibilities.

WADDYATINK?

I'm not sure about Plans after,
but thanks for the heads up on this.
I will plan on going.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

Plans for drinks and din-din would be on Saturday nite.The concert is on Sunday afternoon.
After some web browsing, I've come to the conclusion that the new Luau in Beverly hills is a bit too "high tone " for the likes of me...Pity... I remember some really good times at the original, with my family when I was very young..( giving away my age here)
I think it would be cool to go to the Kona instead.
I would love to see some of you local tiki-neestas there.

bump

P

Little help?
What does bump mean?

bringing the thread back up to the top of the list of events,
so people don't forget about it.

P

Mahaloz! I'll do that!

re-posting:

Here's the info on what sounds like a bunch of fun. the festivities start at 11am also features hula dancers
hawaiian food and arts and crafts.

http://events.dailybreeze.com/redondo-beach-ca/events/show/85278794-southern-california-slack-key-festival-an-allstar-hawaiian-music-dance-concert-event

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1251198/

By the way - we're coming down from seattle to attend this event and we'd love to get a chance the night before
to have drinks, dinner and drinks, with some of the local tiki central-ites in LA, the land of our birth.

We were thinking the new luau in beverly hills, or someplace else, we're open to possibilities.

I'm really wanting to go to this,
the past few years I always flake out and don't go.
I really like slack key guitar.
who else is going?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here's the latest on this slack key extravaganza: Tickets are no longer available for online purchase. They are only available now the day of the show at the Redondo Beach Performing Center box office, which will open at 11 a.m. There will be 40 vendors selling crafts and Hawaiian food, so come on down with enough time to check that out. The concert starts at 2 p.m. and is supposed to go until 5:30. But wait! There's more! I spoke to Mitch Chang (the organizer of this event) and he wanted me to let you all know about an AFTER PARTY! This is what he emailed to me. Read up: "There will be an after-party at Delzano's By The Sea at the Redondo Beach Marina immediately following the Festival Sunday evening! $20 at the door includes a drink ticket and pupus prepared by Delzano's award-winning chef Rafael Solorzano and all the merrymaking you can stand. Everyone is welcome - there's no age requirement. Very conveniently located with validated parking, there's a dance floor in the party area so we'll be looking forward to seeing all you hula dancers there, too! Space is limited and it'd be nice for the chef to know about how much food to prepare so please let us know if you think you will be attending. ([email protected]) Look forward to seeing you there!"

Sunday, January 18, 2009
6:00pm - 10:00pm
Delzano's By The Sea
179 North Harbor Drive
Redondo Beach, CA

I don't know how many TC ohana are thinking of going to this (the concert/vending and/or after party), but it sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday and PRETEND you're in Hawaii! Let's hope this warm and balmy weather holds till then!

P

cool!
we be there with bellz on!already guest listed.
Lopaka & I really want to meet some fellow tikiphiles, so how/where do you want to find us?

look for Haole's with really cool old Hawaiian shirts.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

ok.
look for a fifty-ish dark haired gal with a equally old style avo green datura flower and ginger aloha shirt....find me and I'll buy you a drink!
(offer only good 'till my cash runs out....)

today get yer butt over there now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

this show was soooo good.
truly beautiful music.
most was instrumental,
but some was vocal.

I highly recommend that everybody go to this next year.
there is also a all vocal Hawaiian music event coming up at the same venue in a few months.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

so who from TC went to this?
there was soooo many Hawaiian shirts there.
more than at Tiki Oasis.
I couldn't tell if there was any TC folks there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

huh?
it was yesterday?

Jeff(btd)

I was there!
Take a look @ collecting tiki.Photo of me and a framed 1956 movie poster" Ma & Pa kettle at waikiki" I bought at the before arts and craft show.
Score!

Pages: 1 17 replies