Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Trader Vic's Dallas - Tomorrow, December 30th

Pages: 1 4 replies

K

Last minute plans are taking me up to Dallas tomorrow. A couple pals and I are headed to Trader Vic's about 8pm if anyone would like to meet up.

Hope you had fun. I'm going for my first time soon....

...and, so, a fine and fragrant evening was enjoyed by all.:wink:

Dang. We missed you by one night. Hope you had a nice time.

The wife and I hit up TV's for a romantic New Year's Eve. The food was great, but unfortunately they were serving a limited, fixed drink menu. Because I'm in the know, I was able to finagle drinks, such as the Navy Grog and Tiki Puka-Puka, not officially being served. But I thought it was a huge mistake for TV's to withhold their best products on a night that would probably see a high percentage of first-time customers. Their excuse? "The bar is slammed." Um... okay. The restaurant was full, with only a handful of people waiting in the lobby. The bar was not full. If TV's has set up its staff such that it cannot offer a full drink menu when the restaurant and bar are busy but not at full capacity, then something is wrong.

That said, tikiphiles like us were able to enjoy the whole experience. I just felt bad for the uninformed, as well as the owners who will probably be missing out on some repeat business due to a failure to impress some of the first-time patrons.

K

You'd think they'd be on their best game on New Year's Eve! In their defense though, I think they were short a bartender. They were having problems when we were there the night before also. They were serving the specialty drinks, but warned they might take longer. Fortunately, Kenike's got some pull there and they took good care of us.
Mmmmmmm Navy Grog...

Pages: 1 4 replies