Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Exotiki **LIVE** tonight in Oceanside

Pages: 1 22 replies

A really last minute EXOTIKI show has popped up ....

Here's the info:

ROYAL DIVE

2949 SAN LUIS REY RD.
OCEANSIDE, CA 92058

(760) 722-1911

We will go on around 11pm...

Wow, a show that is actually close to me? I might have to check this out. The only kicker is the time.. past my bedtime! Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I might have to tape my eyelids open. Hopefully I'll make it there.

Well everyone, I was blown away. I had no idea they were so good. They are pros. Amazing musicians and fun on stage. I wish more people could have been there. Hopefully next time you'll be able to give more notice. Anyone on this site would become an instant fan if they heard you guys. I know I became one instantly.

So what bands have all of you been in? Your guys musicianship was incredible!

Needless to say, I'm glad I stayed up!

please remove: double post

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-01-03 02:26 ]

please remove: triple post

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-01-03 02:25 ]

please remove: quadruple post.

[ Edited by: Tiki Shaker 2009-01-03 02:25 ]

• Tiki Shaker wrote:*
    Well everyone, I was blown away. I had no idea they were so good. They are pros. Amazing musicians and fun on stage. I wish more people could have been there. Hopefully next time you'll be able to give more notice. Anyone on this site would become an instant fan if they heard you guys. I know I became one instantly.

So what bands have all of you been in? Your guys musicianship was incredible!

Needless to say, I'm glad I stayed up!

Well, Thank You very much for the kind words Tiki Shaker! Glad you were able to stay up and make it out.... and glad you enjoyed the show!

Wish we would of done introductions earlier so we could have chatted a bit... The gig was a very last minute thing. We hadn't even rehearsed or played together since our gig at The Redwood Bar 2 months ago. Next time I will post the gig info sooner in advance :wink:

As far as what bands were have all been in... well, it goes something like this:

Thomas Yearsley - Pedal Steel Guitar: Thomas was the bassist and one of the original founding members of The Paladins (say no more...one of my favorite bands EVER!). Exotiki is his brainchild. He has also played Bass for other local bands throughout the years as well.. Steel Guitar has quickly become his main passion though.

Jeff Ross - Lead Guitar: Jeff has played guitar with so many bands I don't even know where to start. From The Helecasters to Candye Kane to many of the Nations best Blues acts... Jeff has picked and twanged his guitars with the best of them. When a band is in need of the best... they call Jeff. His guitar playing is pretty legendary throughout the Roots music circles.

Kevin Williams - Rhythm Guitar: Kevin has been working on Exotiki with Thomas for many many years. The two of them are the original founders and without his drive, along with Thomas' vision, Exotiki would probably never of happened. He is a locally know Blues cat through the Oceanside, Luecadia, Cardiff area. Small Town Heroes is one of his Blues projects.

Johnny Palmer - Percussion: Johnny is the man. He has drummed for Peter Tork, James Intveld, Ronnie Dawson, Wanda Jackson, Rosie Flores, Big Manny ect. ect. In short... he's one of LA's best drummers and percussionists. Between Johnny, Jeff and Thomas... there millions of miles of road dog experience. He also blows a mean harp... while playing drums!

Kevin Stewart (aka Dartin Menny to all you TC folks)- Upright Bass: My main band now is Big Sandy and His Fly-Rite Boys. Other than that... I have played Bass for Wanda Jackson, Glen Glenn, Mac Curtis, Cadillac Angels, Brian Jay & the Last Call Boys, See Spot and Pep Torres to name a few. It is an honor for me to be playing bass in one of my favorite bass player's (Thomas) band. Not only that.. but we are all VERY passionate about Exotiki.

We are all HUGE fans of all Exotica/Hawaiian music but try to push it in our own little quirky way. We all have an influence in our sound and it's something we're proud of.

There you have it. The jist...

Again Tiki Shaker... thanks for making it out and sticking through til' the end. Next time we'll have to have some beers and chat...and I will try and post it earlier too.

Cheers!

oh yeah.. here's our MySpace link:

http://www.myspace.com/exotikimusic

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-01-03 13:59 ]

Damn,
wish I hadn't been away from the comp so much lately,
I would have gone to this.
Instead of sitting at Whorehays place watching thew cats and dog.
:wink:
Dartin,
can you please send me a PM or e-mail next time you guys play.
or better yet,
call me sucka.
ha ha.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

• bigtikidude wrote:*
    Damn,
    wish I hadn't been away from the comp so much lately,
    I would have gone to this.
    Instead of sitting at Whorehays place watching thew cats and dog.
    :wink:
    Dartin,
    can you please send me a PM or e-mail next time you guys play.
    or better yet,
    call me sucka.
    ha ha.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sorry Jeff... I forgot you were at Whorehays holdin' down the fort.

You could have rode down with Johnny and I. Seriously, we didn't even know what we were doing until around 5:30pm that evening. :) So organized! lol

Anyways, I'll ring you up next time!

Looks like Exotiki is playing here in San Diego on January 20th at Bar Pink.
Hope to see everybody there.

http://www.MrGreenTiki.com

• MrGreenTiki wrote:*
    Looks like Exotiki is playing here in San Diego on January 20th at Bar Pink.
    Hope to see everybody there.

http://www.MrGreenTiki.com

Very correct Mr. Green.

Thomas had mentioned it Friday night... I just checked my schedule with Big Sandy... and ... it's on!

BAR PINK (San Diego)
JANUARY 20TH

EXOTIKI

Cost: FREE

The only downer is it's on a Tuesday night. :(

But, just remember that old saying... "What good is a Wednesday if you're not hungover!" :wink:

Hope many of you can, and will, come on out and support and have a drink with us!

[ Edited by: Dartin Menny 2009-01-04 13:26 ]

Awesome. I'm hoping to make it to the show. Hopefully more TC'ers will make it to the event!

I will try to make that 20th show,
but I will also let some SD are people know about it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A great Band to see! Dont miss them!

Bring Exotiki to KONA!

JT

Sweet!!!!! I can celebrate my Birthday at midnight with Exotiki. See ya at Bar PINK.

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2009 7:38 AM

Hey Jab - when you showing up? If it's your birthday you just may get some genuine free drinks coming yer way....

JT

Cammo, My birthday is the 21st, so on the 20th at midnight it'll be official. Hopefully I don't have to work late on Tue. If so I may be there shorty after 10pm. If I have an early shift, I'll be there much earlier. Oh yeah, I'll be at Frankie's in LV on Fri. the 16th.

jab tiki wrote:
Sweet!!!!! I can celebrate my Birthday at midnight with Exotiki. See ya at Bar PINK.

Right on!
Birthday drinks at Bar Pink it is!

Still waiting to hear about what time we play...

Hopefully they get you on earlier than you went on at the Royal Dive!

• Tiki Shaker wrote:*
    Hopefully they get you on earlier than you went on at the Royal Dive!

lol
That was kind of a drag.
I was told we were going on earlier....

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2009 5:31 PM

*"Cammo, My birthday is the 21st, so on the 20th at midnight it'll be official." *

So, will this be your big 17th?

JT

I'll be hitting the big Thirtiki- Four.

Pages: 1 22 replies