Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Bob has kin!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

Whadda ya know?! Tiki Bob has family!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2110958590

I wonder if those are his sisters, or are they his daughters?

I don't know, but the one on the right is pretty hot!
:o

Well my bid of $6.50 didn't work. They sold for $74.00. I hope just some of my mugs are worth that much.

T

Well, I guess that Dan really does love tikis!

BTW, selling mugs can be just as enriching as buying them. I sold a couple of moai mugs to a fella that is doing research on Easter Island! He's from the University of New South Wales, and he has an interesting web site, for those looking for some reading material.

http://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/southpacific/nissology.htm

Could be an interesting topic at your next tiki-related happening!

~ tikigreg

Yeah, who the hell is Dan anyway? I mean, if he loves tikis so much, why don't we know him?
I think he only SAYS he loves tikis...

He'll have to go bankrupt eventually, and I'll be right here to catch his some of his collection as his tiki castle crumbles.
(Hey, I'll share too!)

Hey dont beat up on Dan & Wendy. They are serious collectors. They are very good people. They just pay for what they like. Nothing wrong with that.

Kokomo TikiBar&Grill is exactly right! So what if someone has the cash to spend on something that brings pleasure to them or makes them happy. I'm sure each and everyone of us has spent a considerable amount of money on some non-tiki thing that other members would think dumb.

Yea, like say a......75 stingray!

Hello everyone in Tiki Central. Heard you were talking about us, so we joined up to share in the fun. I call them Tiki Bobbies and Dan calls them Tiki Bobetts but that sounds too much like a ginsu joke.

We started collectiong tikis five years ago on a trip to Hawaii. In our home we built a silk plant tiki jungle and a tiki shack with all the mugs and tikis on display. We love having people be shocked over what we have done.

Hope someday to make it to one of the tiki events and to meet up with all of you. We did make it to Taboo Cove in Las Vegas this year, what a great place. Wendy of danlovestikis (he hates computers)

those female tiki-bobs were cool. I was going to bid on them myself, but held out at the end. They are mold-made (not a production piece) but still very cool.

I'll bet they were molded from a ponchartrain beach mug from New Orleans, as I've seen mold-made tiki bob mugs come out of that area.

It would be fun to see some pics of the Bobbies, the eBay link has long ago expired...

Pages: 1 10 replies