Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

"Blast from the past" Tiki Fountain

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey folks Turkey Pot Pie, here!
I've got a lil treat for u Tiki Freaki's. My tribute to the late great United Airlines mystery fountain. I found the original fountain in 2 pieces, with a lot of damage. Within 40-45 minutes like most turkey pot pies I was done, at least with most of the repairs anyways! Next, I created a bowl, from bamboo of course. When making the bowl I got the idea to incorporate the 4 elements. Starting with fire, I made the bowl 2 fit 2 tiki torches. Add lava rock for earth, the air surrounding it & the water in the bowl & every element is present.
They are 2.5 ft tall, made of hand-stained sealed concrete. I cut no corners on this project. It comes with red or black lava rock, 2 torches & a pump. I'll even deliver & set up for a small fee.
For just $300 you can make any garden, patio or entryway an instant island paradise with this unique water feature!

you know what... thats pretty cool

Nice of you to make this rare collectable available to the Tiki community. If there ever was a United Airlines logo Tiki, this was it, since it was also used on their famous menu (the original, ancient Ku stands at the Bishop Museum):

I was lucky to find one early in my collecting career. In 1992 I hit upon the idea of using it as a growth chart for my son Diego:

Here he is at 3 months, and at 7 months.
Unfortunately, I was naive enough to keep it in my front yard, and the next year it was stolen. I tried to keep up the tradition by photographing him at a friend's house who had a fountain, but the time gaps grew too large, here he is at 2 years old:

...so I had to give up on the idea. Yet the kid has not stopped growing since: Last October, at age 16, he beat me in height, passing the 6 foot mark. Scary!:

Anyway, my old friend Swanky was lucky enough to find the complete set, with basin (which I had seen only once in the wild before):

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=205381

I like your set up, very complete in all the elements, like you said.
(By the way, you can delete your double post by clicking on "edit" and then marking the "delete" box.)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-01-06 18:30 ]

BK

I suppose driving 3000 miles with one of these in your trunk would be asking too much?

J

Really nice - I would love one. How much to ship to Massachusetts, or should I just forget about that.

BK

Hey, Jon! I think the word "concrete" pretty much killed our chances of getting one.
Shipping would be astronomical.

G

I think the fire's just a little too close to that reed fencing...

I like it. Nice job.

TD

Pages: 1 7 replies