Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki store in Encinitas

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

My boss just returned from Encinitas CA and she had discovered some little Tiki store that had a bedroom set up in Tiki (?) but also sold things like coasters and mousepads - of which I received a mousepad with Florida-esque Tikis (big white teeth and lots of color - possibly photoshopped after the fact). I was wondering if anyone might now this place? She didn't get a name and she didn't think they would have a website either.

It's this place:

http://www.bamboo2u.com/

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2009 6:40 PM

It's actually in Lucadia, it's like a mini tiki bizarre where people rent out a little space to sell their wares. The best stuff is outside in the back, big carvings by locals and the owner of the store, if she owns the tiki, will barter. Lotsa mugs etc. I'll post some pics of the place soon... Great store for sure!

One day, there will be a cure for tiki,
That's the day I'll throw my rum away...

[ Edited by: KuKu 2009-01-07 18:44 ]

[ Edited by: KuKu 2009-01-07 19:48 ]

Yeah, it gets a little goofy around there. Leucadia is considered a community in the city of Encinitas, like Cardiff-by-the-Sea.

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2009 7:42 PM

On 2009-01-07 18:54, Tiki Shaker wrote:
Yeah, it gets a little goofy around there. Leucadia is considered a community in the city of Encinitas, like Cardiff-by-the-Sea.

Yea, gotta luv those small surf towns. I used to live there on Basil Street. Anyhoo here are some pics of the place...

And here are 2 of the tikis I bought for $225

One day, there will be a cure for tiki,
That's the day I'll throw my rum away...

[ Edited by: KuKu 2009-01-07 19:46 ]

B

Thanks KuKu - that's the one! In fact, those are the two Tikis on my new mousepad! LOL Now I'm jealous my BOSS went to this place and I haven't! Hard to do when you live up here in the Seattle area. You don't happen to know if they do any web business or have any other pics - the boss thought they weren't that kind of place. Just curious. Nice Tikis you got there too!

This store has great curb appeal and I love the bamboo bed in the back! Great store, worth the visit when in North County!

Pages: 1 6 replies