Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I need help finding information on a framed tiki outrigger plaque

Pages: 1 11 replies

I came across a framed tiki plaque today that I am trying to find out other information on before making the final decision to purchase it or not. I have looked both on Google and on here for information, but have not found anything about it. The wood is of dark color. The frame is carved. In the center of the plaque is an outrigger canoe with four tikis sitting in it. The front and back tikis are taller than the two middle ones. The outrigger sticks out from the carving. Behind the outrigger is some kind of matting. The person I talked to about it says it is done by Crazy Al. I can't find anything of that nature in relation to Al's name. Anyone have any information?

Mahalo!

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 9, 2009 10:20 PM

Try and get a pic, that would help..

Yeah, I do not have a picture of it.

Mmmm... if it was Crazy Al's it'd be signed somewhere...

It was pretty far up on a wall so I wasn't able to take it down. Does anyone know if he did anything like that? Or anyone have a picture of anything like I am describing?

If you really like it... Buy it.
Aloha,
:tiki:

I'm with Tiki Royale. If it blows your skirt up, take it home!

I do really like it. But, it's not cheap. Was trying to find out if the asking price was in the right range or not. I most likely will buy it though since I think that it would make such a great main art focus.

F
Fugu posted on Sun, Jan 11, 2009 1:42 PM

Did it look like the ones at the bottom of this page?

YES! Thank you! I looked at his site but couldn't find anything like that on t. I guess you knew where to look, Fugu. Where it lists Two Canoes it is very similar to the top one. It is then mounted on a plaque with a weaved mat behind it and then framed. The guy wants $160 for it.

I'd definitely grab it!

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2009-01-11 16:51 ]

I'm surprised he hasn't seen this thread yet. You should send him a PM and ask about it.

Pages: 1 11 replies